GIVI Monokey Lid C46R53

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIrider

Reaction score
I’ve talked with GIVI about the monkey V46 with lid C46R353 Red. The unanswered questions is does the lid color match my 2007 FJR? Does anyone have a picture of the FJR with the mounting bracket only and with the Trunk? Thanks

I've been in contact with Givi USA for the last several months. Soon, they will be releasing the V46 color match lid in Black Cherry (the '07 color). I'm not sure if Givi has made it available yet.

The standard red is nowhere near the FJR color

Last edited by a moderator:
I visited the Givi tent at the Honda Hoot in June and they said the black cherry lid was in stock and available to install at that moment had I chosen to buy one. The black cherry lid fit the V46 and no other cases according to the rep.

I have the 07 black cherry and the givi v46 trunk. Bought both in late April - the stock v46 is black. The colored lid came in about 4 weeks ago. On mine, the color is an exact match. Even when added, quite a bit of the case is black. But combined, the case's black, silver and now red top match the stock feejer nicely. Only gripe is that there's a big oval GIVI logo on top of the lid. could remove but there'd be an oval depression so not sure it's worth it.

Overall am happy with it. I commute so need the slimmer profile without the side bags. And the v46 holds a laptop flat, a cover, rainsuit and lock. All good.

The p/n in this subject line in missing a "3". Correct p/n is C46R353. I myself wonder why Givi gave this color lid a description of "red", when they used the same Yamaha color name on some others. But in any case this lid is meant to be the 07 dark cherry match. I have one and it is very close. Near perfect match in most lighting. The metal flake in the lid seems to be "finer" than that of the 07 FJR paint. With bright sunlight hitting just right and looking at a certain angle the lid appears a little more "maroon" than the FJR which I'd say is a more "brown" tint than "red" (maybe the Givi has more red tint added and less black than the FJR). Please excuse my color descriptions as I'm no artist or paint mixer. :)

Description from Twisted Throttle:

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3605

"Interchangeable replacement lid panel for the Givi V46 topcase. Matches 2007 Yamaha FJR1300."

Thanks for the link to the '07 lid. I guess now I dont have to send GiviUAS any more emails :p

I’ve talked with GIVI about the monkey V46 with lid C46R353 Red. The unanswered questions is does the lid color match my 2007 FJR? Does anyone have a picture of the FJR with the mounting bracket only and with the Trunk? Thanks
You might want to paint it yourself. I am painting an 06 (blue) mirror to match my 07 (black cherry) because the 07's are on backorder and who knows when it will be available. I'm actually doing it as I write this.

It's turning out very well. I ordered ColorRite matching paint for the 07. Color match is perfect and it goes on very smooth. I'm in between clear coats now.

"I’ve talked with GIVI about the [SIZE=18pt]monkey[/SIZE] V46 ..."

plus it sounds like the one he's getting comes with an ape to do the brushwork!

:yahoo:

P1000587_rs.jpg

P1000585_rs.jpg

P1000583_rs.jpg

P1000581_rs.jpg

P1000594_rs.jpg

P1000580_rs.jpg