Givi rack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

live to ride

Reaction score
Just installing giving rack today and was wondering if anyone else had a nightmare time with there's? Of course never can fit right of the getup! Had to file holes little more as the bolts wouldn't go straight in and good thing I know a welder cause I have to modify the one tab completely as I can't file it or there won't be nothing left!

Just thought would be easier going then what it is!

On that note, grip puppies go on Easy with the hair spray, so thanks to whom ever came up with that!!!

My Givi rack fit fine. I may have had to finesse it a little. I think I remember getting all the bolts started and was careful in what order I tightened them, making sure they would all pull down. If I remember correctly, mine may have been off a little, If you install the bolts under the seat and try tightening them too much the ones back by the tail end wouldn't line up.

I tried in different order and still didn't work so off to do a little fab! Had the same problem when I bought ventura luggage. Just hoped after paying that $ would fit better!

Typically for Gen II (SR357 rack)start the bolts under the seat first and then press down on the rear of the rack to start the other bolts. My link

The rack is designed to be slightly counter-levered.

Got the givi rack and case on all good to go.I believe in a thread I read how someone put a pin through the case and plate for security and no chance of loosing it. Any body do this and is the spots already set out in the case and on rack? It looks like givi molded a spot for it. Is it just drill and put a pin though?

Thanks again

That's where I did it. I took pics but haven't posted them. I'll do that when I'm home but it will be Monday or Tuesday.