GIVI Top Case...V46 or E55?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E55 all day long. A case of 'Big is beautiful!' It doesn't look out of place on the FJR.

In fact I think it compliments it pretty well. And add the Admore lighting kit. Great addition to it!
+1 on the Admore lighting, well worth it!
recent115.jpg

I have the E55 case, and rarely take it off, even when empty. It basically functions as a locker room for ride clothing and electronics if I'm making appointments downtown, and it is a great touring trunk when that is the agenda. It is a serious load hog, and one of the few that can handle full-face helmets.

Do not buy the GIVI LED lights. I got the kit with the liner and lights, and quickly replaced the lights with Admore. The Admore light kit is run/turn/brake and bright enough to be seen. It is also at a very visible elevation. The Givi lights had an unreliable spring-loaded electric connector, and only functions as brake or running lights, no option for turn. Don't waste your money.

I have the E55 case, and rarely take it off, even when empty. It basically functions as a locker room for ride clothing and electronics if I'm making appointments downtown, and it is a great touring trunk when that is the agenda. It is a serious load hog, and one of the few that can handle full-face helmets.

Do not buy the GIVI LED lights. I got the kit with the liner and lights, and quickly replaced the lights with Admore. The Admore light kit is run/turn/brake and bright enough to be seen. It is also at a very visible elevation. The Givi lights had an unreliable spring-loaded electric connector, and only functions as brake or running lights, no option for turn. Don't waste your money.
Thanks for the heads up about the GIVI light kit. That seems to be manys opinion within the forum, and always giving props to the Admore lights.

E55 all day long. A case of 'Big is beautiful!' It doesn't look out of place on the FJR.

In fact I think it compliments it pretty well. And add the Admore lighting kit. Great addition to it!
+1 on the Admore lighting, well worth it!
recent115.jpg
Now that looks good! Makes me feel much better about the E55 since my bike is Raven too!

Thanks for sharing!

I also recommend the luggage rack, if you do any 2-up camping. It's really handy for light stuff like Thermarest pads.

IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg
I like the larger Givi Maxia 55 for the FJR. I had a custom backrest made and my wife loves it. The premier cycle base plate moves the box back for comfort.

IMG_1111.jpg

I have the E-52, I would go with the E-55, better ot have the space and not need than need and not have, you will be surprised how much you will use it.

IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg
I like the larger Givi Maxia 55 for the FJR. I had a custom backrest made and my wife loves it. The premier cycle base plate moves the box back for comfort.

IMG_1111.jpg
You are the second person to mention the base plate that allows you to move the case back and forth. Does it mount to the GIVI rack or is it all separate on its own? Do you have a part # for it, because I was looking to go with the SR357 GIVI mount bracket.

Size does matter. And the bigger your top case is the more shit your SO is going to want to shove in there. I am constantly trying to keep her from dragging along too much garbage as it is. Getting a bigger case is the last thing I need!

I have a V-46 and it is already too big IMO.

TTS907004-2.jpg

Here is the link to the Premier Cycle top plate...

https://www.pca-one.c...010&MfgCode=PCA

It replaces the top section of the SR357.

Jon...
Thanks!
Holy Crap! Only another $122 bucks on top of the Givi case and overpriced rack?
The Givi case may be overpriced. But the metal rack is well worth the price of admission, IMO.

OTOH< the PCA adapter plate, maybe not so much. :dribble:

One of the ex regulars (Toecutter - who doesn't visit us so much anymore) fabricated an interface plate that allows the Givi rack and Givi top plat to be adjusted fore and aft. I'm positive he didn't spend anything near the PCA plate's price tag. So, just roll your own!

Link Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

I am in the market to purchase a top case for my FJR. I think I have it narrowed down to the V46 and the E55? I was looking for a little feedback from those who own both and likes/dislikes. The only time I would really use it is on long trips and when the wife rides with me as we are currently planning a trip to Colorado this summer. If you have some pics of them on your bikes, that would be great to see to, especially the E55 as I worry it might be too big for the bike.

Finally, from everything I have read, it seems to be the better option to go with the SR357 mount bracket for GIVI bags, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Hello all,

I am in the market to purchase a top case for my FJR. I think I have it narrowed down to the V46 and the E55? I was looking for a little feedback from those who own both and likes/dislikes. The only time I would really use it is on long trips and when the wife rides with me as we are currently planning a trip to Colorado this summer. If you have some pics of them on your bikes, that would be great to see to, especially the E55 as I worry it might be too big for the bike.

Finally, from everything I have read, it seems to be the better option to go with the SR357 mount bracket for GIVI bags, correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Which if any of the larger topcases will fit a 3XL full faced helmet? I know they say two full faced helmets, but they certainly don't mean 2 3XL helmets.

The Givi case may be overpriced. But the metal rack is well worth the price of admission, IMO.

OTOH< the PCA adapter plate, maybe not so much. :dribble:

One of the ex regulars (Toecutter - who doesn't visit us so much anymore) fabricated an interface plate that allows the Givi rack and Givi top plat to be adjusted fore and aft. I'm positive he didn't spend anything near the PCA plate's price tag. So, just roll your own!

Link Clicky
Yea I agree the PCA rack is somewhat over priced and I've been debating buying one because my wife does not ride with me very often. I thought about doing what Toecutter did in the link you provided but I don't have access to the equipment to make it.

If I was to make one I would just make the plate and then get the three Givi mounting pieces and attach them to the plate like PCA did instead of modding the top section of the Givi mount. That way I could make the plate any size/shape I wanted.

I do like what he did though. It a nice clean install and looks like it came that way.

Jon...

I purchased the V46 several years ago and before the E55 was available. The V46 is nice, but if I had the opportunity today I would buy the E55. I went with the Givi SR357.
I'm glad to see you washed that thing since the last time I saw it :p