Givi Trunk Toughness?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
I have the E460 or something like that. Have had it since 2008. I've loaded the heck out of it, and (no sub-frame comments please) it has been wonderful.

My concern is my wife uses it as a backrest. Sometimes the throttle hand gets a tad heavy to pass or get on an on ramp. I give her notice but I know there have been times when she probably bounces off the givi. What kind of force does it take to crack one? They seem kind of flimsy when you think of a 130 lb person throwing their weight at it. Anybody ever have a passenger that broke one? The bottom attaches to the 357 rack with just plastic.

I was rear ended and I went flying into the Givi and it stayed on, the lid was out of alignment after the hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
The V46 on hppants' bike took a nasty hit when he totaled his '14 in Colorado last year. To my knowlege it was still usable and intact after the crash. It was not pretty to look at anymore.

Mine has seen over 25k, about 5 of which has been with my wife leaning on it through all manner of acceleration. She leans on it like its made of cast iron. It hasn't been affected structurally. As long as you're using an SR357, they're pretty damn sturdy.