Givi V46 With Cerulean Silver Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pins in the wiring contact on the bottom of the case tend to stick. They have springs behind them which are supposed to keep them in contact with the buttons on the mount pad, but they get stuck in a retracted position where they don't actually touch. I've not found a solution for it.

What I'd really like to have is that kit that lights up the entire reflective area on the case. Now, that would be worth having.
Heidi - It's easy to do with aftermarket LED light strips, using anything from 5-10" like these: Lumaflex light strips

I lit my Givi 52 lens with LED strips as marker lights and will probably add another set of 5" strips for turn signals. It currently looks a lot like this, although my LED strips are along the bottom instead of the center:

AML-LED52-T-TS.jpg

Got the light strips on sale at Advance Auto for something like $11. The strips are thin and fit perfectly under the red lens. Had to drill a hole on each side of the box for the wires to get inside and then routed them down and out the bottom (sealed with black RTV), using a connector from Radio Shack. I already made a set of rectangular LED brake lights for the back of the box under the red lens that are very much like in the photo, and it sure would have been simpler and faster to just do similar LED strips for the brake lights.

Bob

What I'd really like to have is that kit that lights up the entire reflective area on the case. Now, that would be worth having.
As Bob has already pointed out, it's real easy to do.

I recently did a write-up of the installation of LED's to my V46, which illuminate the entire reflective area as both running and brake lights. Still trying to find the time to add turn signals into the mix, but will update when that is done.

V46 LED Install