Givi V46 with Color Match Lid Question.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaRoller

Exit Stage Left
Reaction score
For my Blue 2005 FJR I see that I would need to order the SR346 Rack.

My questions are:

-Does the specific color match lid actually match the bikes paint?

-Does anyone have any pics. they can post with the V46 installed on their bike? Both exterior pics. and a pic with the truck open for me to get an idea on space on the inside?

- How much of a PITA is it to get on and swing your leg over the bike without hitting the trunk? How about the pillon getting on as well?

I don't think I'd need the bigger E55 trunk but I want to be sure. Me & the wife pack light and try not to carry the kitchen sink with us if at all possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Does the specific color match lid actually match the bikes paint?

-Does anyone have any pics. they can post with the V46 installed on their bike? Both exterior pics. and a pic with the truck open for me to get an idea on space on the inside?

- How much of a PITA is it to get on and swing your leg over the bike without hitting the trunk? How about the pillon getting on as well?
Here's a link to a pair of '05 FJRs, Roger VS is leaning on his with Givi rack and V46, the other is an E460 mounted on a Tanji cell:

Mounted V46

Sorry, no picture of it open. No problem swinging a leg over either one but seldom ride with pillion so no help there.

dougc

I have the E52 in 2003 silver, and if Givi says it's a color match, then it's a match. I think. I know mine is.

The side bags are harder to clear with your feet than the top case. I get boot marks on both side bags all the time. You'd have to reach with a really weird stretch to actually kick the top case.

When the lady gets on, you should already be on the bike with a firm grip on the bars, front brake squeezed hard, bike not running, both feet on the ground in as wide a stance as practical. She uses your shoulders to help her stand on the left peg, puts her right leg through the gap between you and the top case and puts her foot on the peg. At this point she's standing on her pegs with her hands on your shoulders; she just sits by squatting into place. Do not let her use the top case as a handle or a surface to press on.