Gloss black Givi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLDCUT

Reaction score
I have a 08 1300A model and I just received my gloss black Givi E52 topbox. I was a bit worried about how the Givi would match the Raven color. After consulting with Dan at Premier Cycle Accessories, I was convinced to give it a try. I'm very happy with the color! I'll admit that it isn't exact but it is sooo close that I certainly wouldn't consider it an issue. I'm very picky about things like this too.

I also want to take the time to say that the fellas at Premier are top notch. When my box was delivered it had a very small (approx 2 inch) scratch on the lid. I called Dan and let him know about the situation. He sent me out a new box, no questions asked. I just had to return the old one and I wasn't dinged for extra shipping. Their mounting rack is excellent as well.

Now that I've broken my farkle cherry, it's onto to the Helibar website. Hope the wife doesn't find out.

COLDCUT

I have a givi E-52 gloss black case very pleased ordered from same place you did good people'

also added LED light kit love it easy to install worth the money for safety.

I debated whether to get the E52 or the V46. I've had both of them on V-Stroms and liked them both. Of course the 52 carries more. I wound up getting the 46 just since I like the design of it and felt it might look a little bit "more right" with the size of the FJR. Both of them are great though. Mine is raven black too and got the rack from Premier with their conversion kit to use the Givi topbox. I like that a lot also.

doctorj

I have a 08 1300A model and I just received my gloss black Givi E52 topbox. I was a bit worried about how the Givi would match the Raven color. After consulting with Dan at Premier Cycle Accessories, I was convinced to give it a try. I'm very happy with the color! I'll admit that it isn't exact but it is sooo close that I certainly wouldn't consider it an issue. I'm very picky about things like this too.
I also want to take the time to say that the fellas at Premier are top notch. When my box was delivered it had a very small (approx 2 inch) scratch on the lid. I called Dan and let him know about the situation. He sent me out a new box, no questions asked. I just had to return the old one and I wasn't dinged for extra shipping. Their mounting rack is excellent as well.

Now that I've broken my farkle cherry, it's onto to the Helibar website. Hope the wife doesn't find out.

COLDCUT
Coldcut, I have the same bike. Good choice. I also am looking at the E52. Could you please let me know exactly what parts you had to order? I am very confused with all these rack and adapter options...

Thanks

careful with the gloss black...if you're riding 2up. My GF has scuffed up my saddle bags and the top box getting on and off the bike (don't ask what her legs are doing up there...).

i went with the v46 because i felt it wouldn't look too bulky. added the brake lights and the passenger pad. the gloss black is a very good match as far as i am concerned.

also want to comment - the givi 357 rack is a very nice add-on in itself. it provides a good set of handrails for the wife to grab when she needs and a very solid mount for the v46 so she feels secure leaning against it.

COLDCUT

Coldcut, I am about to get one of these top cases as well, and I am confused about the rack. Their site has the two following racks:

FJR Sport Touring Rack (smaller one)

FJR Topbox Rack

Which one did you use? If it is the first one, did you directly attach the bag to the rack using their "Topbox Mounting Kit", i am wondering how stable that would be.

a bit confusing....

Thanks in advance...

Serhan

Coldcut, I am about to get one of these top cases as well, and I am confused about the rack. Their site has the two following racks:

FJR Sport Touring Rack (smaller one)

FJR Topbox Rack

Which one did you use? If it is the first one, did you directly attach the bag to the rack using their "Topbox Mounting Kit", i am wondering how stable that would be.

a bit confusing....

Thanks in advance...

Serhan

Serhan,

I purchased the FJR Topbox Rack for $158.95 along with their Topbox Mounting Kit. It works like a charm and the install was less than twenty minutes. The rack is all metal contruction and is very nicely designed. It looks great with the Givi on or off. Don't worry about the color match either. The topbox color is virtually indistinguishable to all but the pickiest. Let me know if you have any other questions.

COLDCUT