Glove Recommendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned several pairs of Gericke Speed gloves and thought they were the best until I tried Gericke Track gloves-likethem even better. They can be purchased on www.motorcyclecloseouts.com for $39-hard to beat. Many great bargains on this site. Ian, Iowa

GunMD, I've got the STEVE model (same as your photo). I've had them for 9 months now and they are like brand new still (I ride a lot).

An extremely comfortable glove in my opinion and I'm really loving the little windshield wiper thingy on the left glove index finger! Wipes them-thar fresh bug guts off your visor reaaaaaaal nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike Effects, could you please tell me the specific model of gloves you were impressed with?  Or better yet, post a picture?
Maybe they were this killer summer-mesh beauties here?

spb03gnmbl-500.jpg

spb03gnmrd-500.jpg
These look a lot like the ones I just got from Olympia. The 734 Digital Protectors. <$40 from new enough. I like these. They aren't the most sturdy glove in the world, but they have gel padding underneath leather in the palm, and vents in the fingers for good comfort, esp. where I live in the swamp.

black.jpg

-BD

I have JR, Olympia Gel and Icon summer gloves. I like the Icons best.

For most riding, FirstGear makes a really nice glove that's insulated, very thin, and waterproof--using a Goretex clone. It even has a squeegee in the left index finger! With heated grips it's good down to the 30's.

For the cold, I have Gerbing electrics and Olympia gauntlets. The O's are Goretex, LOTS of Thinsulite and Kevlar armored. Very fine gloves that wear like iron but I don't think Olympia makes them anymore.

Sorry, I just checked my gloves and I should have written First Gear Speed and Track gloves instead of Gericke. Senility is not pretty, especially from the inside. Ian, Iowa

Went ahead and ordered the Held Steve gloves today...also stopped by Chaparral and picked up a pair of Alpinestars...will post a pic of those tomorrow. No time right now. The bar is waiting for me. ;)

Here's the ones I picked up yesterday...they were only $27. They'll do just fine for short runs during warm months (daily 10 mile commute, etc).

smx62k5blue.jpg

smx62k5redpalm.jpg

Alpinestars SMX-6.

Woodstock... way, way, way too much bling.... I'd feel like the one-gloved Rhinestone wonder with those on....

Woodstock... way, way, way too much bling.... I'd feel like the one-gloved Rhinestone wonder with those on....
Um. Yea, no kidding. :D

https://www.held-usa.com/products/ninja.shtml

I use the Held Ninja model gloves. Great fit and comfort. I also have gloves that are identical to the Yamaha gloves that WC / BE posted, except they are Alpinestar gloves. I really have 5 pairs of gloves ( I know it's a disease, need more gear all the time :D ) but I use the Helds 90% of the time.

I've got the profi gloves from held. best gloves around for all around use. i've done a lot of racing with them and they've been great and are still pretty durable. have used them for the past 4 years or so (maybe 60k miles) and still good. starting to fade a bit but no issues with durability.

Jeff

One of my buddies on the ZRXOA site (knedgr) crashed at the track in his Joe Rocket gloves. The seams separated, the palms wore through, and his palms look like hamburger.

His conclusion: Joe Rocket gloves will never touch his hands again.

Ron