Go Cruise Throttle Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjammer

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find where someone had used this before.

I ordered the Go Cruise Throttle Control last night from 2wheelride.com.

Not a bad price for $19.00, and that includes shipping. The link to the website below is really informative.

From what I read on the Concours and ST1300 Forums, it appears to work pretty well.

Anyone have this on their FJR??

https://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Once it arrives, I'll post some pics of it on the bike.

This also seems to work on the same principle as the "coat-hanger w/a ty-wrap" type of throttle lock. But I guess it does look a little less Rube Goldberg-ish.

Found it: Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric L had also ordered the small and it seems to work, FWIW, I ordered the large thinking it might be better to work over heated grips with grip puppies, but the puppies have too much give and the lock doesn't squeeze hard enough to prevent gradual deceleration. Don't experiment, go for the small :)

I ordered one and it arrived very quickly (to Canada). It's a bit smaller then I thought it would be. It seems fairly well built although at first I thought it might be a little flimsy. It opens up to slip over the throttle grip. It looks pretty good I think and reasonably unobtrusive. I have 2010 silver FJR so the colour (ok - color for my American friends!) fits in well enough. Even if it didn't, it's not really big enough to look too out of place.

I'm quite impressed now that I've used it - especially for the price. It took a couple of tries to get it just right and the first couple of times the throttle slipped a little (lost speed the first time and increased speed the second time). After I figured it out and adjusted it, the "lock" worked perfectly. It easily adjusts with your index finger while the rest of your fingers are on the throttle. I might try it with the wide silicon band they include to tighten the locking action up a little bit more. I also like that I can easily move it over to my '99 Triumph Trophy. The only thing that I think I will have to get used to is how I position my fingers on the brake lever. They tend to bump up against it but it's not a big deal and I think I'll get used to it pretty quickly.

I don't think you can go wrong with the price and it seems to do the job well enough.

My 2 cents at any rate!

This is fantastic, exactly what I have been looking for. I love that it doesn't need to be installed and stay on permanently. I can use it only on longer trips. Thanks for the post, I will definitely be ordering one.

Installed mine and tried it for the first time today and I really like it. It's simple and works well as long as you understand it's limitations. Like has been said already, it's smaller and less obtrusive than I thought.

Well I received mine and tested it this weekend and it worked well. I got the small one, I have grip puppies which I rolled back the thickness of the controller so it grabbed the stock grip, I thought it would cut thru the grip puppy over time. I was just about to order a throttle miester for like $120 and this seems to be just as good for $20. I got the black one for my black bike and you hardly notice it.

Has anyone tried one of these on a bike with the V-strom hand guards?

I already have a Vista Cruise on the FJR, but might want to go with one of these on the Zooki.

I'm writing a product review for the Go-Cruise for MCN. I've used it for a month on several bikes and it works as advertised. However the Vista Cruise I have on my FJR has a feature that the Go-Curise doesn't.

You can lock the Vista Cruise with your thumb, take you hand off the throttle, put your hand back on the throttle and unlock the Vista (again with your thumb) and keep riding at a steady speed.

The Go-Curise can be locked with your index finger and you can take your hand off the throttle, but to unlock the device you have to either roll the throttle off or use your left hand to unlock it. I have not figured out a way to unlock the GC using fingers on ones throttle hand without upsetting the throttle and changing speed.

If others have found a way to do this I can include these techniques in the article. I think that the Go-Curise is a great device if you don't want to perminantely install a throttle lock, or if you ride lots of other motorcycles and want a portable throttle lock.

3dogs,

Another thing in favor of the Go-Cruise is that it works well with heated grips, which I recall is a problem for the Vista Cruise. Go-Cruise also has a one year warranty. If you happen to break the unit, just send it back and it will be replaced.

I had a Vista Cruise on my'05 FJR that I really liked. My '07 FJRAE, however, has the Go-cruise. A true model of simplicity that is compatible with the heated grips.

Bob

Pretty cool and simple.

On the instructions it says:

Twist throttle forward to disengage

Does this work w/o wearing out the grip?