Go Cruise Throttle Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I read about this product in the August 2011 Motorcycle Consumer News.

Since my Audiovox CCS 100 stopped working a while ago and I didn't want to install a Vista Cruise with my Yamaha Heated Grips... I decided to risk $19.95 and try this product.

Well, it works perfectly and exactly as advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got a GO Cruise Control (throttle lock) this week myself and it works very well on my '02 Honda CBR 954rr.

Due to the sensitive and responsive nature of the throttle/engine on the CBR it can be a little tricky to get it set initially but it does work.

Haven't tried it on the FJR yet.

I got one just before leaving for star days. over a week I rode about 3,000 miles. The throttle control worked perfectly. I was able to set it and go miles without touching the throttle. I feel it is by far the best $19.95 I have spent on the bike. I highly recomend this product.

Don

When I wrote the article for MCN I interviewed to guy who invented the Go Cruise and he told me that the split end (that goes around the throttle grip) can be opened close to 2 inches before the composite material breaks down and looses tension. If you try this your Go Cruise will be useless but it does show how much "spring" the material has--hence it doesn't seem to slip in use.

So what happens when you need to decelerate in a hurry, does it just slip? Since the outside edge is beveled does that mean squeezing the brake lever also automatically pushes it up?

This product may have started on this web site, several years ago I found directions for making a similar device, from a coat hanger or TIG weld rod, on this site. Someone who is better at searching can probably find it.

I just picked these up this week. It does not fit over grip puppies, which I imagine can be cut or folded back. Has anyone used the Go Cruise who has grip puppies?

Trip,

Yes, I have Grip Puppies on my'07AE, and rolled the GP back just enough to apply the "silicone rubber band" and then slid the GoCruise over the grip. Works like a charm.

Bob

This thread just cost me $$$....but at least it's cheaper than the Throttlemeister I was going to buy! :)

This thread just cost me $$$....but at least it's cheaper than the Throttlemeister I was going to buy! :)
I had a Throttlemeister on my CBR1100XX for almost 10 years and I like the Go Cruise Throttle Control much better because it's easier to set and it's easier to release.

I measured the diameter of my standard grips on my 08 AE, they are over 1 inch in diameter. So those of you who have them, which size did you get? Seems like the 7/8 inch would be to small?

I measured the diameter of my standard grips on my 08 AE, they are over 1 inch in diameter. So those of you who have them, which size did you get? Seems like the 7/8 inch would be to small?
Order the 7/8 inch for your bike. 1 inch is for Harley-Davidsons and HUGE aftermarket grips on Goldwings.

For some reason it doesn't work well on my '08. it's not holding the grip well, so the bike slowly loses speed. I tried putting a few layers of electrical tape under the silicone ring and it got better, but still slips every other time.

Haven't given up on it yet, though. Maybe I'll put some more tape under it? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? :unsure: