Go for mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
Sold my trusty VFR this weekend, so now I finally have some money for some serious mods to the FJR. Already had a fork brace, but as of today I have on order:

- Technoflex front springs

- Technoflex rear shock

- CalSci large screen

Can't wait to feel the new and improved FJR.

Also sold my StreetPilot III last week, so coming weekend I am going to pick up a new 2720 to satisfy my navigation needs.

Life is good.

If it would stop freezing, life'd be fooking great. :D

Sold my trusty VFR this weekend, so now I finally have some money for some serious mods to the FJR. Already had a fork brace, but as of today I have on order:
- Technoflex front springs

- Technoflex rear shock

- CalSci large screen

Can't wait to feel the new and improved FJR.

Also sold my StreetPilot III last week, so coming weekend I am going to pick up a new 2720 to satisfy my navigation needs.

Life is good.

If it would stop freezing, life'd be fooking great. :D
Just wondering, do you consider the parts your upgrading to be the best of the best? How do Technoflex compare to the Ohlins or Wilber shocks which are so often mentioned here? Why did you chose those? A they a little cheaper or outragioulsy more expensive as to chase most off or what?......

Well, (retail)pricewise I don't have a clue as to how they compare, as I have the luxury to be able to buy as a company. As far as Wilbers; their shocks are designed by Technoflex in the past when they were still working together, and afaik Wilbers are still using the same design. So if anything, and if my info is correct, Technoflex should be at least as advanced if not more.

As far as Ohlins, I think they are overpriced while offering less features than Technoflex/Wilbers do.

Other than that, Technoflex is Dutch and so am I, so that makes communications and delivery fast and easy for me. :) Given how much different suspension companies there are with different ideas, I wouldn't call anyone the best of the best. But I do think Technoflex are very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
We I'll be Dog Gonned!! I do believe thats a first for the Site! Great info on the Technoflex stuff. I've never heard of them but If I spoke Dutch I guess I would have checked it out.

I'm very happy with the Ohlins on the FJR though.

:D

I'm very happy with the Ohlins on the FJR though.
Prolly any name brand aftermarket suspension will kick ass on the stock parts. Comparing Ohlins vs Wilbers vs other brands would be similar to comparing different brands of oil or spark plugs. Subjective analysis based on personal preference.

No reason at all why you shouldn't be happy with Ohlins. I'm looking forward to being happy with Wilbers. It's all good.