Going on a trip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duezzer

Reaction score
Redwood Meadows,Alberta - SW of Calgary on Hwy 22
Hi there

A buddy and I a flying into Tampa Fl in April renting some bikes and going riding for 7 days

I would like to ride up to Blountville TN as my cousin lives there and would really like to stay off the slabs

Map Quest has been a little help ( very little ) but could really use some info from those whom have road the are.

Things to check out on the way - Good back raod,food and places to stayct

Does anyone know if there is someone in Tampa that rents FJ's as I have not yet been able to find anything - Please don't leave me stuck with a H-D ( not that they are bad or anything )

All the Best

Check out tailofthedragon.com for some roads you won't want to miss on your trip through GA, NC & TN. Be sure to click on the "Other Roads" tab at the top of the page. The Cherohala Skyway is a road you truly have to ride, 5000ft elevations, scenic and loads of sweepers. Also Hwys 60 & 68 up through NE GA and into TN. If you ride up Hwy 60 in NE GA be sure to stop in Suches at Two Wheels Only for lunch TWO

I live only 40 twisty miles from Deal's Gap, AKA The Dragon, and ride all these wonderful roads all the time. This area is my backyard playground!!

Thank God I'm a Southern boy :yahoo:

Richard

Hi there
A buddy and I a flying into Tampa Fl in April renting some bikes and going riding for 7 days

I would like to ride up to Blountville TN as my cousin lives there and would really like to stay off the slabs

Map Quest has been a little help ( very little ) but could really use some info from those whom have road the are.

Things to check out on the way - Good back raod,food and places to stayct

Does anyone know if there is someone in Tampa that rents FJ's as I have not yet been able to find anything - Please don't leave me stuck with a H-D ( not that they are bad or anything )

All the Best

Definately ride Cherohala if you get near Telico Plains,Tenn.

I was up there last friday at about 5 in the afternoon and had it all to my self,no other bikes in either direction.

It was a little cool,37 degrees up top but still very nice.

Have fun if you go.

I live in Florida and there is no place around Tampa where you can rent an FJR. But in Tennessee you should check out Ruby Falls in Chattanooga. Just Google it to get location.

Thanks for the information so farVery Helpful.

LSUBOY the link did not work for me.

Duezzer
It worked for me but try typing or pasting it into your browser rather than clicking it. It is a great site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information so farVery Helpful.

LSUBOY the link did not work for me.

Duezzer
It worked for me but try typing or pasting it into your browser rather than clicking it. It is a great site.
That worked

Thanks

Now I have a new favorite site

Need a site like this for us above the 49th

I live very close to Blountville, and can tell you all of the local rides to see and avoid.

If you are traveling from any distance, the very top of the list should be a day at Shady Valley. There's more good riding there than you can shake a stick at!!!

I live very close to Blountville, and can tell you all of the local rides to see and avoid.
If you are traveling from any distance, the very top of the list should be a day at Shady Valley. There's more good riding there than you can shake a stick at!!!
We are flying into Tampa from Calgary Alberta on April 13th picking up bikes on 14th Staying at my Aunts in Zepherhills. Leaving the Tampa area on the 15th to Blountville. I have a relative there that I have not seen for many Years.

My friend want to see Athens Georgia ( sorry if I my spelling is off ) some time durning the trip

We have to be back in Tampa on the 20th by 300pm to 500pm to drop off the bikes

We fly back to Calgary on the 21st

Good route information would be appriciated

Thanks

Last year's EOM routes are still available here. They are based out of Boone, NC, by many of the same roads are close enough to Blountville.

I won't be around to give you the local's tour, but PM brazos parker, as he may be.

One good route that's NOT on those maps is SR80 in NC. It's a great ride in between FL and TN.

Also, make sure when you come into Johnson City from Asheville, take the Old route 23. Take 19 on your way back south. That section of 26 is pretty, but very boring. The lower roads are fast on the NC side, tight on the TN side, and just as beautiful.