Going to the Dark Side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ok mate. We don't mind if you're afraid to try something new. ;)
Read the whole thread, you might learn something new if you keep an open mind.
Car tyres on bikes are old hat , shit , Harleys had square profile Corker tyres last century, its where they belong.

I tried a VN 1500 with and without a car tyre 10 years or more ago. It was a sloppy shit box handling cruiser with bike tyres transformed into a dangerous shit box full stop.

Fine if you ride flat staight dry roads.

If motorcycle where meant to have square profile tyres then Moto GP bike would have them , that I am sure of.

Its your money and your life Ralph , I'm just pleased we will never be on the same ride. :clapping:

You seem to think your opinion and your R&D is by far superior to my opinion or Yamahas R&D.

Bye for now
You know, I gotta chime in here..

WHO FUCKING CARES what it did to the handling of the bike.... if you are a naysayer then fine. Dont put one on your own bike! But since he DID it does not make him wrong so chill the **** out..He is happy...

The dude likes his ride and is that not the essence of being a motorcycle rider? I mean that in the sense of allowing others to be different..

If you dont have something nice to say then shut the **** up (got that from my mommy)

I am glad everyone is not like me.. I see enough of me all day... and if everyone were like me they would try to drink my fukin beer and I would always be out!!

Sheeeiit

It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races. -- Samuel Clemens
“There is a principle that is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation.” — Spencer

It is not best that we should all think alike; it is a difference of opinion that makes horse races. -- Samuel Clemens
“There is a principle that is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation before investigation.” — Spencer
"Do it the way I fucking tell you to do it, or I'll cut your fucking throat." - Radiohowie

Guys, this is my personal apology to OCFjr for my part in knocking this thread off track.

Eric, please accept my regrets for being a participant in the derail. I personally want to see you continue your reports on the "Dark Side" adventure and would hate to see either you discontinue your participation out of disgust, or to see this thread closed because it's in the ditch.

Everyone else, this is an interesting topic. Let's keep it that way. I know I'll try.

RadioHowie

Guys, this is my personal apology to OCFjr for my part in knocking this thread off track.
Eric, please accept my regrets for being a participant in the derail. I personally want to see you continue your reports on the "Dark Side" adventure and would hate to see either you discontinue your participation out of disgust, or to see this thread closed because it's in the ditch.

Everyone else, this is an interesting topic. Let's keep it that way. I know I'll try.

RadioHowie
it takes a big man...

pls carry on folks

zzzzzzzzzsnork** Huh? Somebody say something? I musta dozed off during all the OT discussion.

No worries, I just let it slide off the top and will continue to post updates, or attempt to respond to actual questions/comments.

I know this isn't something everyone would do, and that some are beside themselves that I actually did it, but the point remains to simply share the info with the forum. Sometimes I post to other threads with less than positive comments myself. Sometimes I am able to restrain myself. ;)

zzzzzzzzzsnork** Huh? Somebody say something? I musta dozed off during all the OT discussion.
No worries, I just let it slide off the top and will continue to post updates, or attempt to respond to actual questions/comments.

I know this isn't something everyone would do, and that some are beside themselves that I actually did it, but the point remains to simply share the info with the forum. Sometimes I post to other threads with less than positive comments myself. Sometimes I am able to restrain myself. ;)
Sorry.

Carry on... :thumbsup:

The Feej is currently my only bike :( However once I acquire a second that can be used as a fun bike, the Feej will be reserved for LD touring and I will be turning to the dark side soooo any updates and advice will be much appreciated so I know what I will be getting myself into.