Goodby Stock Saddle...Hello Corbin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TXFJR,

I am inseam challenged to. (30”) I had my bike lowered by the dealer before I picked it up. They change out the frame links. I think it costs about 200 bucks to have it done, but it has made all the difference for me as far as comfort and getting my foot flat at stops.

Still on the stock seat but thats on my list of farkles.

Stew71,

Now that you have had the saddle for about 2 months or so, how are you liking it now? Have you done any extended trips (300 +) yet? I'm going to be in the market soon and am very curious as we have a Corbin store close by.

I was thinking about a Corbin but I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I prefer the highest stock seat position so, based on these posts, better look elswhere. Is the Yamaha gel seat OK? :huh:

Stew71,

Now that you have had the saddle for about 2 months or so, how are you liking it now? Have you done any extended trips (300 +) yet? I'm going to be in the market soon and am very curious as we have a Corbin store close by.
So far so good. I haven't been able to put more than a few 100+ mile trips on it lately, along with the daily commutes. Work and family schedules doncha know. That being said, I still find it far more comfortable than the stock seat, hands-down. My only complaint to date is that I tend to slide around a bit more than usual when wearing my mesh over pants. I have to grip the tank with my thighs a bit more when braking or cornering. Not a big deal, but just more noticeable, that's all. I'm hoping that the surface will rough up over time.

We have a long ride planned next month around Northern California and Nevada. We'll see how it goes.

I just ordered a new Corbin for my '07. I am hoping they can make it with the "weave pattern on the seat area like I want. I liked the Corbin I had on my Concours with the weave pattern. Since they ask for all the info on height weight and inseam. I would guess they build it so I can get my feet on the ground. I hear the passenger seat is very comfy and I am hoping it will keep my wife "in place" during abrupt stops. I have 3-4 weeks to wonder about it. :worriedsmiley:

.......and I am hoping it will keep my wife "in place" during abrupt stops. ......
Sorry , don't think that'll happen.

My Corbin is on it's 3rd FJR, I just keep transfering it when I get a new bike, best saddle so far ( for me ) between the stock , Sargent, Rocky Mayer seats. It has about 50 / 60 k on it by now. We've done many 14 hour days in the saddle two up, if it weren't for the wife's bad knees we'd keep on riding longer.

We usually hit the twisties fairly hard ( we're not like those pussy riders that get 15,000 miles out of a set of tires :p ), never more than 6500, usually 5000 / 5500 a set. It's pretty hard for the wife to remain "in place" when hammering the gas & brake, but the idea of using the same material some guys use under the tank bag, that kitchen drawer rubber preforated stuff, popped into my head and we decided to try that rubber grippy stuff next time out.

We ran into another fast FJR riding couple a few hours later and sure as snot they were using some of this under the pillion. They swear by it so it's definately on my list to try next time out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaning towards a Corbin as well. I'd like to have one with the backrest. I'm about ready for an upgrade.