Goodbye to the Forum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmassey

Reaction score
After almost three years as a memeber of the FJR forum I am saying goodbye. Two weeks ago I traded my 2005 FJR (the Fast Blue FJR) for a 2006 BMW K1200S. There is no comparison for power, speed, suspension,braking or handling, or weight for that matter. I was never happy with the top heavy feel of the FJR and the excesss weight. As far as comfort, I never changed the basic set-up- seat, windshield, bar risers etc. The bike was comfortable from the start. The BMW is comfortable as well, it has a slightly forward riding position, but it feels good. It also has heated grips, a factory Garmin GPS, gear indicator, totally adjustable suspesion- including basic adjustment while riding as well as 167 HP. I'm happy! The FJR was a good bike, and I enjoyed the three years that I owned it; and I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the forum almost from Day One in June 2005.

All My Best to All

Tim Massey

Camden Maine

..... There is no comparison for power, speed, suspension,braking or handling, or weight for that matter. ........

So why are you picking the BMW??

LOL. Seriously, good luck with it. I only ruled out the BMW because it cost more, and did not have the large dealer network that Yamaha has. That and the salesman at my local BMW dealer was snooty to me, so, they lose.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down....

KM

:lol:

..... There is no comparison for power, speed, suspension,braking or handling, or weight for that matter. ........

So why are you picking the BMW??

LOL. Seriously, good luck with it. I only ruled out the BMW because it cost more, and did not have the large dealer network that Yamaha has. That and the salesman at my local BMW dealer was snooty to me, so, they lose.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down....

KM
:lol: SOUNDS LIKE MY BMW DEALER.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE "K"

Doesn't ya gotta leave...

Those beamer people are no where near as fun as this crowd.

Good luck out there. Ride safe.

I find that kinda strange...........

I myself have a 2005 Fjr and joined this forum because of that. I still have the fjr (will for a long while) but even if i got rid of it i would not leave the forum as i have met and made a lot and i mean a LOT of friends here, friends that would still be friends no mater what i was riding ( at least i hope so).

just my 2cents worth.

R

I myself have a 2005 Fjr and joined this forum because of that. I still have the fjr (will for a long while) but even if i got rid of it i would not leave the forum as i have met and made a lot and i mean a LOT of friends here, friends that would still be friends no mater what i was riding ( at least i hope so).

just my 2cents worth.

R

Not me! If I could buy into the BMW frat then there is no way I would be hanging out with the low rents around here! LOL.

just my 2cents worth.

R

Not me! If I could buy into the BMW frat then there is no way I would be hanging out with the low rents around here! LOL.

Bwaaahahaha

After almost three years as a memeber of the FJR forum I am saying goodbye. Two weeks ago I traded my 2005 FJR (the Fast Blue FJR) for a 2006 BMW K1200S. There is no comparison for power, speed, suspension,braking or handling, or weight for that matter. I was never happy with the top heavy feel of the FJR and the excesss weight. As far as comfort, I never changed the basic set-up- seat, windshield, bar risers etc. The bike was comfortable from the start. The BMW is comfortable as well, it has a slightly forward riding position, but it feels good. It also has heated grips, a factory Garmin GPS, gear indicator, totally adjustable suspesion- including basic adjustment while riding as well as 167 HP. I'm happy! The FJR was a good bike, and I enjoyed the three years that I owned it; and I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the forum almost from Day One in June 2005.
All My Best to All

Tim Massey

Camden Maine
Good luck!

Strange though, I went the opposite way after having owned many Bcrap bikes.

YMMV, but I am glad to be rid of the K1200S.

Safe riding and pop back in to say "hello".

Yet another joins the ranks of the koolaid drinking faithful. ;)

Like KM, I would have been riding a Teutonic marvel but for the snooty treatment by the sales staff. I'm grateful for the snub. Because of it, I happened upon the Feej and this motley crew. :D

Ride safe, regardless of make, model or year!