Goodbye y'all and thanks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand giving up the bike. I did it for 20 yrs, and a few here have done it also. Sometimes, things in life happen, which either forces it, or makes it the most prudent choice.

I don't understand the goodbye though. I've met, and continue to meet, some of the best people I know from here. Some of my best friendships came from this forum. Even if I had to give up my bike, I would still hang around here. Hell, I would still go to EOM in a cage, just to hang with friends and make new ones!

So I'm glad to see you'll pop in from time to time, and forget this "goodbye" nonsense. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I understand giving up the bike. I did it for 20 yrs, and a few here have done it also. Sometimes, things in life happen, which either forces it, or makes it the most prudent choice.
I don't understand the goodbye though. I've met, and continue to meet, some of the best people I know from here. Some of my best friendships came from this forum. Even if I had to give up my bike, I would still hang around here. Hell, I would still go to EOM in a cage, just to hang with friends and make new ones!

So I'm glad to see you'll pop in from time to time, and forget this "goodbye" nonsense.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
^^^^^^^ This. B)

Having to stop riding all together is painful but in this case giving it up or as I like to think of it as postponing it until some time in the future for the betterment of the family is difficult but most honorable. This situation is very common and for me staying involved in the motorcycling community while I was on sabbatical was therapeutic. Mental I had not quit I was just sidelined but still very much in the game. And the best part - when I returned the rides had gotten much better and now I have my best friend riding with me. Continue looking forward as your time will come and we'll keep looking for you upon your return.

Sad. You owe something to yourself, get something smaller, less expensive, and stay aboard.
Ditto. The 250/300 "sportbikes" are surprisingly good. So good they hold resale value beyond reason. Still excellent examples in the $3k to $4k range. I can't ride the lean-forward position more than 40 miles, but maybe you can.

Well that sucks. I went from two bikes to one, when we had our first. Before we even got married I said I will never stop riding. I would consider a Polaris slingshot these days so I could take one of the kids, but that thing isn't a bike.