Gound buss install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northwoods Snowman

Reaction score
When I bought my bike the PO had installed the Easter Beaver power distribution block under the pillion seat. This works great except for the fact that I have to have a ground and power wire for each accessory running up to the front of the bike (all my accessories are on the front). All the wires have been routed up the left side of the fuel tank and it's a pain to get everything put back in its place after having the tank off. My solution was to install a ground buss in the front of the bike so only the power wires for the accessories need to be run from the back of the bike. I bought a Blue Sea MiniBus when I tried to order the Radioshack terminal block back on 10/15 and STILL haven't gotten informed by the local store they have arrived (for a month I kept getting the "the other store hasn't shipped them yet" story). I like this buss better anyway.

I mounted it on the front, outside of the glove box.

IMG_20151219_115948546_zpspixkreav.jpg

Just ran a couple screws through and put the nuts on the inside since it's easier to get a wrench in there than a screwdriver!

IMG_20151219_120005464_zpsf96v5v5o.jpg

I ran a 10AWG wire over from the negative battery terminal through the nose cowling to the buss bar, and then hooked up each accessory negative to it. Worked out well. I can get access to it by removing the plastic panel by the glove box if I need to add something to it, and now I am able to run all the accessory power wires through a single wire loom from the back of the bike.

IMG_20151220_161621438_zpsxpz8tb5m.jpg

Looks good and it's fun to work on your own motobike, yes?

I wonder if you might should take a dremel to the exposed threads leaving a flush cut... so as to not snag a hand or rub a wiring harness or something? Just a thought.

I could but it not contacting anything and the wires are well restrained. There is a little more clearance than what is evident in the pic, though not abundant.