GP Suspension bye-bye

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,

Let me know when you do this, I will also do mine, BTW I have all the stuff to makeup 2 more sets of the specials fork tools, so we will have 4 set in the PNW.
Marcus if your are available Saturday lets do it then. Give me a call.
What time y'all starting the festivities?

--G
about 9 AM Saturday morning. I take you and George need them done too? Bring them by.
Mine only have about 11K on them, so not yet. Didn't get a chance to check out last weeks rebuild...

--G

Would you mind me jumping the band wagon? I couldn't make the tech day on Saturday, as I had already another commitment with Puget Sound Saftey. I'd like to learn how to rebuild my forks.

Thanks a lot.

yes we can. I also have one other person that lives nearby that we are putting a race tech system in his.

for a gen II you will need the following parts:

4SV-23135-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 2(Lower Bushing) (2 each)

3P6-23135-00-00 METAL, SLIDE 2 (Middle Bushing) (2 each)

4SV-23125-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 1 (Upper Bushing) (2 each)

4SV-23115-00-00 GUIDE, COVER UPPER (Washer) (2 each)

4SV-23145-01-00 OIL SEAL (2 each)

4SV-23156-00-00 CLIP, OIL SEAL (Ring clip) (2 each)

4SV-23144-00-00 SEAL, DUST (Dust seal) (2 each)

You will also need 2 liter of fork oil (I use Honda SS-7 - you need 3 bottles) The fluid you have to get locally.

Cost from CyclePartsWarehouse.com is around $65.00 (+shipping)

Once you have the parts in hand we can schedule the work. Takes about 2-3 hours depending on how good you are at taking your front wheel off.
Awesome, thanks a lot for this run down, I've been talking with George, as I'll need a overhaul of my bikes suspension, and I'm planning to follow the GP/ Penske install from KFG, as I'm at my 16K service the lubes have to go anyway.... So I let you know the next steps, thanks for te help.

In re how good am I to take off the wheel and such.... I thinking I'm getting around rather well in this department, survived already the fairing de and reinstall lol.....

Look forward in working with y'all

Volker (RPK)