gps mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used both, a stem mount and a clutch reservoir mount. IMO I think the clutch reservoir mount is by far the safest and easiest to use. The stem mount does look good, but for me, the clutch mount is a lot easier. Your attention from the road is far less with the clutch mount. It looks like the clutch mount would block your view of the mirror but it doesn't obstruct it at all. You can see how looking at the stem mount would require moving your eyes further from the road, unless you look directly in front of your bike.

0222.jpg
Mine isn't clamped to the handlebar like yours is, it's mounted to the top of the reservoir cover. Having it a little farther away helps a lot withe my tired old eyes. I have prescription glasses I use at night but no prescription non-polarized sunglasses for the daytime.

I use the mirror mounting hole that is not used on my Gen ll with a ram ball and short arm. I have a Garmin 1450lmt and use ziplock bags for water protection.

I now see that Garmin has a Zumu with lifetime maps. No lifetime maps was. Why I didn't go the Zumo route when I bought mine.

Wayne

For a little chuckle check out the Ram Mounts website image for "RAM AQUA-BOX™ Mounted on Yamaha FJR1300A"

I sent them an e-mail pointing out the issue but they haven't changed it. Oh well.

aquaboxyamahamount1.jpg

For a little chuckle check out the Ram Mounts website image for "RAM AQUA-BOX™ Mounted on Yamaha FJR1300A"

I sent them an e-mail pointing out the issue but they haven't changed it. Oh well.

aquaboxyamahamount1.jpg
That's a picture of a Piaggio MP3 dash.

385x385-b25d7546b565fa3acfe9ff164498d9dd.jpg

Please don't ask how I know..... :rolleyes:

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator: