GPS voice recorder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIODSL

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
For several years now I've wanted some easy, safe way to take audio notes on my rides. Very often I see things I want to remember, but don't want to take the time to stop, pull out a pen and paper to jot it down. Screwed with a couple of options that included bulky tape recorders or tiny little button that can't be operated with gloves. Last Chance posed the question "Can the 2730 record?" So here's my point: I have a Zumo 550 that is mp3 capable. I have an Autocom with a mic. There's a mic input on my Zumo cradle. How difficult could it be for Garmin to provide a voice recorder function in the Zumo? With that function the thing would be damned near perfect.

Paul Peloquin

Monmmouth OR

Maybe it would be easier to do it through your phone. My last cell (not my current one -- at least I don't think so) would accept a voice command to record a memo.

Now that we're talking about it, I think I'll double check my phone's owner's manual to see if I can make that work somehow.