Greensboro, NC area Tech Day?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebiodiesel

I wish I could think of something witty to put her
Reaction score
I'm interested in hosting a Tech Day at my house in Stokesdale, NC. I'm not a stranger to auto mechanics but have done very little wrenching on my FJR. So, I don't have the expertise to host a tech day, but I definitely have the room, and a decent assortment of tools and equipment.

I was thinking of maybe doing it in the Fall, when the heat isn't so much of a burden. A potential downside for some folks would be that you will have to travel about 80 yards of gravel to get to my house. ...just giving fair warning,

If anyone has any interest in attending, post up and we can pencil a date in.

Joe

What's up. I'm over in the Burlington area and would ride up. It's always good to meet more local FJR owners. I do my own wrenching but I'm not an expert on anything and feel some things are best left to those guys. With that being said a lot of the maintenance items are not bad and with a little common sense and a shop manual plus the info from the forum it's surprising how much you can do.

Rob

Good man! Set a date and I'll try to make it by for at least a visit. I do my own wrenching though it's often with the manual in one hand and scratching my head in puzzlement with the other.

I'd likely be up for it as well and like the others so far have not done extensive wrenching on my FJR. I am pretty good with a wrench and can follow simple instructions, though.

I've got G2 throttle tubes, lowering links, and maybe a couple other things waiting for a wrench and or hammer.

I'm always up for helping someone else tear their stuff apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think a few of us charlotte guys could get in on that. It would be nice to get Mr.Ashe involved.

Very cool. I've got plenty of space. I just finished a 40X80 pole barn with poured floors. I've been wrenching since I was old enough to do it. Should be fun.

Here are a couple of pics of the new garage. I just moved all my equipment in there. No pics of that yet though.

2012-07-14174436.jpg

2012-07-14174455.jpg

Joe

I would think a few of us charlotte guys could get in on that. It would be nice to get Mr.Ashe involved.

You know, I never gave it a thought until now....I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this. If there is already and established spot for Tech Days near me I definitely don't want to be hijacking it.

If I am encroaching on another event, please point it out. I'm trying to contribute, not F things up.

Joe

Good man! Set a date and I'll try to make it by for at least a visit. I do my own wrenching though it's often with the manual in one hand and scratching my head in puzzlement with the other.

Socializing is just as good a reason to stop by as fixing stuff. My bike is not in need of repairs either. I will be busy enough playing Cruise Director. :)

Joe

You are not stepping on any toes, nice shop. We need people that are willing to step up I say well done.

Socializing is just as good a reason to stop by as fixing stuff. My bike is not in need of repairs either. I will be busy enough playing Cruise Director. :)

Joe
good man set a date

Joe
good man set a date

OK. Saturday or Sunday?

Might work for me. I am in east TN, but have family in the winston-salem area. Saturday would be better. Need to avoid weekend dates for MotoGP in a couple of weeks and the EOM in Hendersonville, NC in Sept. CC

Might work for me. I am in east TN, but have family in the winston-salem area. Saturday would be better. Need to avoid weekend dates for MotoGP in a couple of weeks and the EOM in Hendersonville, NC in Sept. CC
How is Saturday, September 29th with a rain date of October 6th?

That's the weekend after EOM...I should be on board for that.

That's the weekend after EOM...I should be on board for that.

Is that too many events on consecutive weekends? Moving it back a week is not a problem for me. Any other feedback?

I would definitely be interested in attemding. I wrench pretty much everything I own and could offer up extra tools (common and speciality)

Not sure if we have any other track day addicts considering this but one conflict I see is that the weekend of Sept 29/30 is one of the two fall USDesmo track days (down at CMP in Kershaw, SC).. I already have a commitment to ride with them that weekend. No big deal if I miss this tech day. I catch the next round. Select a date that is best for the majority.

-Eddie