Grip Puppies Tip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put the $10 ones made by Grab-On over my heated OEM grips on the 15ES. I was in a hurry and just used some Simple Green that was handy. They slid right on without too much effort and after drying overnight they are solid. I did not want to use hairspray because I was not sure I would want to leave them on. They help reduce vibration but the diameter is too large and I will probably cut them off.

I just put the $10 ones made by Grab-On over my heated OEM grips on the 15ES. I was in a hurry and just used some Simple Green that was handy. They slid right on without too much effort and after drying overnight they are solid. I did not want to use hairspray because I was not sure I would want to leave them on. They help reduce vibration but the diameter is too large and I will probably cut them off.
Not to hijack, but I had the same problem. Grip "cushions" made the grips too large for me. I tried to like them but they made my forearms ache something fierce and I ended up removing them. I was better off with the hard stock grips.

ETA: for guys in the same boat as me, and if you have the archaic non-heated grips, give the ProGrip 714's a try. Worked for me!

Last edited by a moderator: