Grip Puppies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLHX

Reaction score
Searched for a while but cant find out what size Grip puppies I need for an 06 FJR..small size fits 1.25 to 1.45 diameter grips and large size fits 1.45 to 1.65 grips. They are discussed all over this forum but no one mentions what size they got.

Thank you

Searched for a while but cant find out what size Grip puppies I need for an 06 FJR..small size fits 1.25 to 1.45 diameter grips and large size fits 1.45 to 1.65 grips. They are discussed all over this forum but no one mentions what size they got.Thank you
Small. You want the small.

Well, off I went to search. And I actually found the size. And then I come back and Ari's already stolen my thunder. Gee, thanks, Ari.

But in case you don't believe Ari, here's what my search found: FredHgrippuppiepost

(Ya'll bear with me, I am practicing my searches - I did that one with +grip +puppie +size)

(Ya'll bear with me, I am practicing my searches - I did that one with +grip +puppie +size)
Just a friendly warning, here. DO NOT RUN THAT SEARCH ANYWHERE BUT FJRFORUM. Especially do not run that search on Google at work. Don't do it. I mean it. You don't want to know what kinds of sick bastards are out there.

To branch off this thread a bit, has anyone ever tried to put one of the under-grip heaters like Symtec between the FJR grip and a Grip Puppy? Seems it would work, even providing some insluation between the heater and the bars. I may just give it a try, given the low cost of both items.

Dunno, FJRottie. If I decide to do it, I'll take photos and give a report. That assumes that my hands don't end up welded to the bars by a hot gooie rubber mess. OTOH, if it works it will be a simple and cheap way to add heat.

The first weekend that it's too cold/rainy for my riding taste (yeah, yeah, I'm a wuss). At the moment, that looks like this weekend.

Searched for a while but cant find out what size Grip puppies I need for an 06 FJR..small size fits 1.25 to 1.45 diameter grips and large size fits 1.45 to 1.65 grips. They are discussed all over this forum but no one mentions what size they got.Thank you
+1 here on the grip puppies, and the size "small." They went on easily with soapy water, fit nicely, and now the bars feel a lot better in your hands. The larger turning radius eases the effort, and, if I'm not imagining it, takes a little of the edge off of the feel. There were no notable vibes or buzzes before, but now there's "less than none."

What a great, inexpensive addition.

Dunno, FJRottie. If I decide to do it, I'll take photos and give a report. That assumes that my hands don't end up welded to the bars by a hot gooie rubber mess. OTOH, if it works it will be a simple and cheap way to add heat.
I know this is a pretty old post but I wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with the grip puppies melting when the hand heaters are on high? I just bought some and would like to know before I turn on the heat. Thanks.

I know this is a pretty old post but I wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with the grip puppies melting when the hand heaters are on high? I just bought some and would like to know before I turn on the heat. Thanks.

2006FJR, if the grips got hot enough to melt the grip puppies, you'd have 3rd degree burns on your hands by now.

I have grip puppies on my heated grips - as does TurboDave_98. They get nice and warm, and do not melt. In fact, I think they tend to hold the heat better - kind of like insulation.

Warm and slightly soft .... kind of reminds me of ........

ah..... never mind. :blink:

I was interested in this as I am having Honda heated grips being installed with the G2 fix and wanted grip puppies. I can't direct you to the exact thread (try search) But I clearly remember someone with that setup using grip puppies without problems, so I bought a pair to replace my old pups after the heated grips are installed. Hope that helps.