Grip Pupplies or Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big F'in bar ends, throttle spring flip/mod (yes, even on a Gen II) and risers. I also ran a Vista Cruise (still have it as a backup) and now run a full-on cruise control. Makes trips short/long a lot nicer!

JMHO! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The singularly most useful change is neither of those - the Crampbuster.

+1 - This guy gave you the right answer, but no explanation.

The reason a Crampbuster or Throttle Rocker is THE answer is because it allows you to relax your grip on the bars all of the time. A cruise control or throttle lock (I have a Vista Cruise) will allow you brief spells where you can release your right hand. But for carpal tunnel you need to reduce the death grip on the bars, it's not really a vibrational issue. The spring unwind will help with a lighter grip too. I don't think fatter grips will do much of anything.

Just curious... I would think the Throttlemeister would be easier to use with the return spring modified as you said. Do you think this is the case? Just seems to me the TM is a finicky device to use and making the throttle easier to stay in one place would be a good thing.

thx

Scott

Hi Scott,

return spring mod was done first, this did help a great deal. I also wanted a criuse control and heavy bar ends, the Throttlemeister gives both. I don't find it finicky.

Put it on and leave it on then adjust throttle as required, this gives infinite fine adjustment, then turn it off when not required Piece of piss.

Regards Surly

:ph34r:

Look at some Motovation Stainless Bar ends. Also, Bike-Master Soft Grips are more comfortable than Grab-Ons. Puppies if you have heated grips. The Motovation pieces are nice and heavy.