Grip warmers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I'm looking for some over the grip warmers. Anybody know a brand name to ggogle or where to buy them?

Cota,

If you have an '06 why not just use these? I just put them on mine and they look like they were made for the bike and I think they were $68.00.

Cota,If you have an '06 why not just use these? I just put them on mine and they look like they were made for the bike and I think they were $68.00.
I got a set of those for my bike. I'm looking for the over grips for my wife's Vstar 1100. She has very short grips and those grips won't fit.

Cota,

I have a set of overwrap grip warmers I can sell you. Bought them several years ago for a Triumph Thunderbird I owned at the time and never used them. Sold the Triumph. I'll dig around in the garage for them later today and email you the details, price and some pics.

Cheers,

Richard

Cota,
I have a set of overwrap grip warmers I can sell you. Bought them several years ago for a Triumph Thunderbird I owned at the time and never used them. Sold the Triumph. I'll dig around in the garage for them later today and email you the details, price and some pics.

Cheers,

Richard
Sounds good.

I bought a pair of Oxford Hot Hands, although I haven't put them on yet since I bought them in the summer and it's not cool enough yet to use them. They wrap around the grips to about the same thickness as grip puppies. You need to install the wiring harness but the grips themselves have a quick connect plug so you can install/remove the heated grip covers as you need. Cost me about $85CAD at Blackfoot Cycle in Calgary. I'll let everyone know how well they work when I finally install them.

I'm looking for some over the grip warmers. Anybody know a brand name to ggogle or where to buy them?
I have both factory heated grips and the Throttlemeister. no problems. :)
Have read this thread with great interest since the beginning. I too felt Yamaha was ripping us off charging those prices for the factory heated grips. In fact I'm sure the less expensive grips are identical to the factory grips. Yamaha buys those parts from another source & then gives them a Yamaha part number.

Since I also wanted heated grips (I ride all year long) & I wasn't happy with the Yamaha price or the way the Yamaha Control unit sticks out so high from the dash panel, I came up with a different approach. My friend John has an 04 Honda ST1300 with heated grips. Have ridden his bike in winter & those grips get HOT. After inspecting his bike's grips (he & I share a garage) I discovered the grips on his bike are identical to the Yamaha factory grips. The control unit is different, & I like it better. So I order the Honda part # 08T50-MCS-100 after searching on the web & found it for $160, & then installed it myself. Here are some pics:

HeatedGripThermostatTurnedOn.jpg

The Honda Thermostat Control Unit shown above in my opinion looks much better than the protruding Yamaha Controller, & I only had to dremmel out the removable square panel.

RightHandleBarControls.jpg

This photo above shows my set up of grip puppies over the heated grips (yes the grips still get very hot), with a vista cruise control & manic salamander end weights.

06FJRleftsideDashProfile.jpg

I think this profile with a flush mounted control unit is much cleaner than the Yamaha controller. The best part is it works! And I installed it myself.

Just thought I'd share another option for you boys & girls.

Sweet! did you need to use the wiring harness #08A30-MCS-100 ?

Thanks, Cary

I used a pair of Oxford "overwrap" grip warmers on a previous bike. They worked well until the rain came...then the grip warmer on the throttle side began to slide over the stock grip. No matter how tight I wrapped it the throttle side would still slide in the rain. In my opinion if you are serious about riding the money spent on a good pair of grip warmers is well worth it.