• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Pricing on FirstGear Heated Clothing and accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMD

Reaction score
It's that time of year when it starts getting a little chilly out there on the bike. If you need to stay warm now is the time to buy your FirstGear brand heated clothing and accessories (manufactured by Warm & Safe).

Just like last year Desert Cycle Works is offering a discount to anyone interested in FirstGear heated liners, gloves, Heat-trollers, and other related accessories from now until the end of the year.

This is a self-buy sorta deal. No submitting your name or waiting for a huge order to be placed. Simply call or email DCW using the info provided below and tell them that you're participating in the "FJR Forum group pricing". Using this phrase when you call or email will get you 15% off of all liners, gloves, and accessories.

New this year from FirstGear is their heated pants liner. These are not on the FirstGear web site yet but they are in stock and available.

EDIT (10/30/08): The FirstGear heated pants liner draws 35 watts.

EDIT (11/5/2008) FirstGear heated pants liners are now on their web site. Click here for details.

carbonglove.jpg
65_wat.jpg

controller.jpg
pants.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Contact Desert Cycle Works:[/SIZE]

eMail: [email protected]

Phone: (760) 361-3226

www.DesertCycleWorks.com

www.DCW29.com

EDIT: Feel free to cross-post this on other forums, lists, boards, etc. It was set up with the FJR community in mind, but there is no reason that others can't take advantage of the discount as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bravo Zulu marine!

I bet your fellow marines would think you 'cute' in those nancy-boy heated pants.

Does anyone know off hand of the First Gear connection will work with Gerbing
I think it will. I believe that I read that over in the other heated gear thread.

EDIT:

Taken from the Warm & Safe web site (they make all of the heated gear for FirstGear).

Do I need to buy your products to use the Heat-troller?No. It is plug compatible with most heated products on the market including those sold by HD, gerbings, Aerostich and Eclipse.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the old Heated Gear group-buy thread (that didn't pan out) I promised that I would check back

after checking out the Gerbing display at the Cycle World International Cycle Show in Phoenix this

weekend.

Looks like THIS GROUP BUY will be the way to save!!! :yahoo:

Gerbing is NOT giving any discounts...at all. They don't want to undercut their dealers.

Plus they said they were out of most of their stuff. Unbelieveable since is was early on Saturday.

They weren't even smart enough to have any of their new G3 gloves on hand so folks could compare

them to the classic.

Couple questions about this group buy and Heated gear in General.

I need to get all the gear Jacket liner, Pant's Liner and gloves. So what do I need as far as Heat trollers? Do I buy one for each piece of gear I buy or do you buy one that runs everything? I am not familiar with the Heat Trollers or how the heated gear works so someone give me the down and dirty basics of Heated gear. I have already installed on my bike the Dual Powerlet plug so will this work for the gear?

Also what kind of price am I going to be looking at for the whole package? Anyone know or do I just need to email Desert Cycle Works to find out?

Thanks for all the info and I am looking forward to my first set of Heated Gear. I will be nice for this winter for sure.....

Couple questions about this group buy and Heated gear in General.
I need to get all the gear Jacket liner, Pant's Liner and gloves. So what do I need as far as Heat trollers? Do I buy one for each piece of gear I buy or do you buy one that runs everything? I am not familiar with the Heat Trollers or how the heated gear works so someone give me the down and dirty basics of Heated gear. I have already installed on my bike the Dual Powerlet plug so will this work for the gear?

Also what kind of price am I going to be looking at for the whole package? Anyone know or do I just need to email Desert Cycle Works to find out?

Thanks for all the info and I am looking forward to my first set of Heated Gear. I will be nice for this winter for sure.....
Your best bet to answer all of those is to place a call to Dawn at Desert Cycle Works. He'll answer your questions and give you a price for the whole setup.

760-361-3226

Will the heated liners fit under a pair of blue jeans or are they meant to go between the jeans and a pair of overpants?

Thanks,

Brian Moore