hand guards and throttlemeister?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danarielle

Reaction score
So, I've been reading the numerous entries describing hand guard options for the fjr (I have a gen I).

The question I have is whether there are ANY options for handguards if I want to keep my throttlemeister -- which I really like on long rides.

Thanks

So, I've been reading the numerous entries describing hand guard options for the fjr (I have a gen I).

The question I have is whether there are ANY options for handguards if I want to keep my throttlemeister -- which I really like on long rides.

Thanks
Does this picture answer your question? Here it is with V-strom guards.

2759106470101026374S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks

Thanks -- but why have I been reading that one cannot use the v-strom guards and still keep the throttlemeister? I'm certain I read that.

Thanks

Thanks -- but why have I been reading that one cannot use the v-strom guards and still keep the throttlemeister? I'm certain I read that.
Mine is a GenII but I doubt there is any difference for a Gen1. Perhaps those that said it can't be done didn't actually try it. I also did the throttle spring unwind so I don't really use the Throttlemeisters much anymore, and it still works fine for me.

YMMV

Another option to consider are these from Cycra. Have them on my '09 (thanks to the PO) minus the decals and am very happy with them. Wind protection is great considering the small size and they are a snap to take on and off.

They fit with just slight dremel modifications by removing 1/2 of the locating pin on the switch gear. This gives just enough extra space to fit the clamp.

--G

Another option to consider are these from Cycra. Have them on my '09 (thanks to the PO) minus the decals and am very happy with them. Wind protection is great considering the small size and they are a snap to take on and off.

They fit with just slight dremel modifications by removing 1/2 of the locating pin on the switch gear. This gives just enough extra space to fit the clamp.

--G
I love to see some pics, if you would.

--G
So would I.

--G
So would I.
Here y'all go! :)

RHSide.jpg

LHSide4.jpg

Fit on LH Side.

LHSide2.jpg

--G

BTW -- I use them over the winter with handlebar muffs and they keep those off the levers. With heated grips, your hands stay dry and toasty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here y'all go! :)

RHSide.jpg

LHSide4.jpg

Fit on LH Side.

LHSide2.jpg

--G

BTW -- I use them over the winter with handlebar muffs and they keep those off the levers. With heated grips, your hands stay dry and toasty!
Sweet! Thanks. I like the idea of guards for winter riding but didn't want something "permanent", or to alter my grips. These fit the bill.

YUP, with those guards and Hippo Hands over the top of them your hands stay perfectly warm in colder weather. On and off easy too

YUP, with those guards and Hippo Hands over the top of them your hands stay perfectly warm in colder weather. On and off easy too
Cool, thanks. I don't know yet if I'll need something as protective as Hippo Hands but I'll keep them in mind. I appreciate the tip.

Cool, thanks. I don't know yet if I'll need something as protective as Hippo Hands but I'll keep them in mind. I appreciate the tip.
I went the cheap furgal way and used these from Quadboss in conjunction with the Cycra's. Although the quality of muffs from Hippo Hands and WaterShed are excellent, I couldn't justify the additional $$$.

--G