Hand Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

want2ride

Reaction score
I have to vent on this. Ordered a set of V Strom hand guards for my 05 from partzilla. They arrived mid last week along with the parts to repair the damage from my get off. Yesterday I decided to install the hand guards as the weather is cool in the morning here.

Started on the left side pulling the screws and putting the new ones in place and figuring out how it would all work together from the tech site listing the needed parts. I got the left on and it looked great. Excellent wind blocking to keep the hands warm. Moved to the right side and pulled the bolt from the brake handle. Grabbed the new bolt put it in and grabbed the hand guard. Wait, this does not look right.....They sent me two left hand guards. Go in the house and give them a call only to be connected to a parts guy that does not understand what he is selling. He said the part on the right hand side was superseded and automatically switches to the left model. He asked me to turn it upside sown and use it that way. I politely told him to turn his left hand glove upside down and wear it on the right hand. He tried again to tell me Suzuki did this and the part must be a universal fit! Finally I got him to agree to take both hand guards back..... It will cost me 15% restocking fee and shipping them back. I will order them again but from a different vendor. One that knows what they are selling.....

Sorry for the rant.....

They sound perfect to me.

5516992834_5672eefe6f_z.jpg

Did you try rotating it 180?
You are kidding, right? Have you ever seen one of these things?

Want2ride --

Better idea: Try shoving your fist through that phone and rotating it 180 degrees when it makes contact with the hot dog on the other end...

Good luck getting this resolved. Hopefully everything will be in order by Christmas time.

Gary

darksider #44