handlebar risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tryed the 1" bar risers not the triple clamp but just the blocks where can i get some of those thanks again .

Has anyone tryed the 1" bar risers not the triple clamp but just the blocks where can i get some of those thanks again .
Because of the design of the GenII rotationally adjustable handlebars, the "riser blocks" will not work. Or, at least, no manufacturer wants to assume the liability if there should be a "sudden catastrophic failure". That's why, for the GenII ('06 and newer) bikes, the replacement triple clamp arrangement is the designed method.

have an 08 what do i use for handle bar risers thanks .

I also have an 08 and was wondering what are good ones also. There are two kinds of triple clamps that I have seen. One that comes back and one that comes back and up also. Which works better for you people that have either one?

Also, how hard to install( I am mechanicly inclined, do all my work on bikes) ???

and how hard to remove ignition safety bolts????

Thanks guys,

Kenny

You'll have to remove the triple clamp to install the risers, easy to do for me. I've done dozens on my past dirt bikes.

Took me about 30 minutes from start to finish to install the risers on my 08..work great, under 80 bucks. The dealer can install

them if you're not feeling confident, should'nt cost anymore than a handle bar adjustment.

GenMar's were easy and inexpensive. Not much to taking off that top clamp. I've seen several posts with pics about how to do these. If you know which way to turn the screwdriver you ought to be able to do these.