• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Harbor Freight 1000# MC Lift on sale for $299 this weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased one of these this spring along with a No-Mar tire changer and I have been very impressed with the quality of the lift. I changed out the front wheel clamp with a capturing drive on tire chock for a quick safe one man operation. Its amazing how much you use a lift table when you have it. I just changed out tires on 5 of my MSF training bikes yesterday and I have changed out 6 of my own tires so I am pretty close to having the lift and No-Mar pay for themselves.

I will be using it today to mount the OEM frame sliders on the 14ES this afternoon.

The cashier lady had me join the Harbor Freight tool club and I saved 25% off my first purchase so the lift was definitely worth $225,00!

I wish my garage floor was level and concrete instead of tilted and lousy asphalt. Rent is only $100/month for 10 x 20' located a three minute walk from my front door but the floor limits what I can do safely.

I have never used one, but can someone tell me how this works for tire changes? I may buy one for oil changes, but dont see how you take a tire off with both wheels on the kift. Thanks

I'm guessing you pop it up onto the center stand while on the lift?

Quite honestly, for all the hassle of loading and unloading the bike and risking the whole shebang coming down in an expensive bang, I'll just keep bending down a little.

Quite honestly, for all the hassle of loading and unloading the bike and risking the whole shebang coming down in an expensive bang, I'll just keep bending down a little.
Fred ... You forgot to add "Get off my lawn"

:D

I'm guessing you pop it up onto the center stand while on the lift?
But Fred, it matches the color of your new bike!

For rear tire changes on the lift I use a small scissor jack under the engine. Front tire changes are easier to do on the floor with the center stand. As far as having space, my truck and my wife's SUV are both tall enough to park over it when it's in the down position.

It wouldn't be worth having if you only own one bike and don't do much maintenance. I have 7 and it seems like I'm always working on something. Beats the hell out of bending down the whole time.

I was given one as a Christmas present. It sure is nice not to laying on the floor for oil chang e's, etc.

When not in use I roll it to the wwall of the garage and flip it onto it side. I use a strap to hold it to the wall. It is heavy!

Got Mine!

Damn thing weighs 350#. Had to do some fancy engineering to off load it by myself and set it up.

Used it today, a little tricky riding up on it and staying up till you get side stand down. Once center stand down pretty stable. May change front tire clamp to one of those ride in and it catches the tire thingies.

Need Canyon Dancer for effective tie down, bought one today.

Had the bike up to do some farkling, installed PIAA 400&500 HZ horns. At 115db they can be heard.

Installed Adaptive Radar Detector on Jeraulds Mount. Actually screwed the Adaptive mount plate to Jeraulds RD mount after drilling and tapping the requisite holes.

Need a little heat shrink on two horn connections and we are good to go.