Hard bag Liners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original owner of my 05 had "misplaced" the OEM bag liners. I bought a pair of those off Ebay and the best way I know to describe how I felt about them is to say...

They didn't go with the 05 when I traded her to the stealer!

They are IMO a good buy

I plan on using both sets so that I can have different gear packed for daily commutes versus recreational weekends.

+5

I bought a pair of these after one of my original liners terminally suffered as an inadvertent doggie chew toy. The Bestem stuff is good quality!

Last edited by a moderator:
THESE LINERS ARE TRASH!!!! :(

I don't know how all of you "high tastes" people are happy with these things. Unless the seller has changed the design, they are of VERY POOR QUALITY compared to the original OEM lines, and NOT worth the difference in cost.

I bought a set from this guy, and the zippers on both bags self-destructed. I got a replacement set (after MUCH trouble) from the vendor, and they self-destructed the first time I tried to open them.

Don't waste your money, buy the real Yamaha's.

THESE LINERS ARE TRASH!!!! :(

I don't know how all of you "high tastes" people are happy with these things. Unless the seller has changed the design, they are of VERY POOR QUALITY compared to the original OEM lines, and NOT worth the difference in cost.

I bought a set from this guy, and the zippers on both bags self-destructed. I got a replacement set (after MUCH trouble) from the vendor, and they self-destructed the first time I tried to open them.

Don't waste your money, buy the real Yamaha's.
+1. Amen Slap. I would'nt buy em either. Nor would I buy used...PM. <>< :D

guess we havent seen the orig...send me yours so i can compare them.
Do yours have the small (~1/4" wide) nickel zipper with the small metal pulls?

The original yamahas have a much larger (~1/2" wide) zipper with a large YKK steel pull.

I never got an original set with my bike (bought it used). I won the real yamaha set I use now as a doorprize at EOM, and left the cheep Ebay knockoffs in the hotel room trashcan. That's pretty much my opinion of them.

You can find them at your local dealer or here...Liners

The only problem I've had with the stock liner is one of the two zippers on the top flap started to seperate after much use from the fabric but I just sewed the one inch or so rip back up and haven't had any problems since. These are pretty durable bags and well worth the money. Hope this helped. PM. <>< :)

+1 on the factory bags. If you go to University motors to purcahse you wont even pay the 69.95 list just remember to talk to Mike in Parts and tell him your from the FJRforum.

Did '06's come with liners?
Was I screwed again?

Bill
Yes, and uh yes. PM. <>< :blink: P.S. Tell your dealer and if he is a standup guy, they will give you your liners....and if not, call Yama Mommy customer service and tell them you didn't get yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was I screwed again?

Bill
Yes, and uh yes. PM. <>< :blink: P.S. Tell your dealer and if he is a standup guy, they will give you your liners....and if not, call Yama Mommy customer service and tell them you didn't get yours.
ONLY IN THE US!!!

His profile says he has a world model, which means he does not recieve the liners as part of the original bike purchase.

His profile says he has a world model, which means he does not recieve the liners as part of the original bike purchase.
Hey Slappy my friend... There is no 2007 N. America option to choose from that I've seen. So I selected World model too.

Jeff

Was I screwed again?

Bill
ONLY IN THE US!!!

Several members here have their bikes listed as "world" models but is not the case. His time zone on his profile is Pacific Standard Time, US. PM. <>< :unsure: