Harley Ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is it true that the Sportster handles like a beer can half filled with mercury? (and how many of us are old enough to remember playing with mercury, in chemistry lab, before it was deemed hazardous?)

Not really. My SIL bought a very nice used (5000 miles) 2005 Sporty custom... 1200 cc.

Runs fast enuf, corners better than my Softail.

Has surprising power... but it's still now way close to a FJR, or evenb my 02 Bandit 1200..totally different animals... 2cyls vs 4 cyls....

slow revs vs high revs.. no comparison....

mary

So, is it true that the Sportster handles like a beer can half filled with mercury? (and how many of us are old enough to remember playing with mercury, in chemistry lab, before it was deemed hazardous?)
OH MY GOD!

I'm OLD!

:eek:

Oh and if you want to give him shit, tell him "nice bike, my buddies WIFE has the same one!"

:****:

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried....I REALLY tried....he was determined to get a Harley. <sigh>.... I figure after he puts a few miles on it he'll be ready to "upgrade"

Bad part is he's expecting us to go on rides together.....now, I'm no "HaulinAsh" but I do think he'll have trouble keeping up.

:lol:

Ray
I'm familiar with the behavior. You get a pass, this time. Next time, try shootin' him in the foot.

I'm sure theres a CHICK :kiss2: out there some where thats going to appreciate the great deal she gets from him in 6 months when he relizes its time to get onto a BIG BOY bike.

had an 08 1200R sportster-not a bad bike-had good power-good brakes(dual discs in front) handled well at slow speed in rough and uneven surfaces-very good build quality and looked good-bad points was a very rough ride and very uncomfortable on anything other than very short local rides