Has anybody used the Luma disc lock?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops....normally I search for the thread before I post. It doesn't look like anything ever became of it. I don't know if anybody else is interested but I would definitely be in on a group buy if it happens. Does anybody have any further information or pricing or did Skippy drop the ball....

Had the ball drop on my head, the importer originally sent me an email saying they would cut us a deal, and gave me prices. Then emailed back a week later and changed their minds saying they would only sell direct through distributors, of whom there were none at the time.

Someone else is more than welcome to follow up

Keith

CIMA INTERNATIONAL

399 Wall Street

Unit L

Glendale Heights, IL 60139

Ph: 630-671-9710

Skippy

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off the phone with Keith from CIMA INTERNATIONAL (4:30 EST) and he said purchases could be made directly through them. When I asked him about a group buy he said (without prompting) that they would probably offer a 10% discount for a group buy. He told me the foot peg lock is $75.00 and that the adapter to fit the bike is $10.00. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Anybody with experience with doing the group buy thing want to pick it up from here??

Thanks, Skippy for coming up with initial contact information...all this must be new to them is what I'm thinking.

I just got off the phone with Keith from CIMA INTERNATIONAL (4:30 EST) and he said purchases could be made directly through them.  When I asked him about a group buy he said (without prompting) that they would probably offer a 10% discount for a group buy.  He told me the foot peg lock is $75.00 and that the adapter to fit the bike is $10.00.  Sounds pretty reasonable to me.  Anybody with experience with doing the group buy thing want to pick it up from here??Thanks, Skippy for coming up with initial contact information...all this must be new to them is what I'm thinking.
Before any GB takes place, someone should bite the bullet and find out if this piece is worth the effort.

AFAIK, nobody here has even seen one, let alone tested one for any period of time?

O.K.....I'll be the guinea pig....I just ordered one for my VFR. when I get it I'll take some close up pics of it, spend an entire weekend trying to figure out how to upload them onto the computer (computerly challenged), and give you guys a review of quality etc...I figure if it sucks it goes straight to EBAY.

I did ask this guy Keith if it comes with a matching peg for the other side and he said "no, not at the moment" but he believes that in the near future they will be sending them out with a matching peg because they have received some grumbles about it. For me it doesn't much matter for the experiment because you never see both pegs at once anyway and I can't imagine it will cause a comfort issue. I guess we shall see. End of next week supposedly.

Some new pics of the LUMA disc lock. I had mentioned on another thread that the overall quality of the lock and rubber grip aren't the best and I can see where road grit would get into the tumbler and f*** up the works. The directions even say to spray the lock often with WD-40. Just what you need on an already slippery peg is a good dose of WD-40. Anyway, I'll put one on the VFR and see how it performs. The other one you may see on EBAY before too long.

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0905.jpg

DSCF0894.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I am photographically challenged....