Have you seen these oil containers before?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Special_K

Reaction score
I made a pretty interesting discovery today. Some of you are probably already aware of it.

It all begins back in January at the Cycle World show. I'm wandering around checking out the scenery and I stop at the Repsol booth to ogle the girls. They try to sell me some oil but I'm not interested because I'm quite happy with the oil I use now (which shall remain unnamed to preserve forum sanity).

Well they (the girls) offer me a free t-shirt (with purchase) and a Honda just like Nicky's (except its a toy and 1:18 scale) but I'm a rock, till she bites her lip and bats her eyes and says please, please, please.

So, $40.00 lighter out the door I go with 4 liters of Repsol's finest.

Which brings me to today. Time for a oil and filter change. I check the pail and I don't have enough for a change. I can go to Wally World and get another pail or use this overpriced Spanish stuff I bought at the bike show.

Drain the oil, change the filter, crack open the first container and out comes a 100mm x 10mm flexible tube (about 4" by 3/8" for my metric challenged American cousins). No funnels required.

Comes out a little slow but what the hell I'm not on flat rate. This is a pretty nice little convenience I'd like to see all the manufacturers include.

I have no idea if it's any good as oil or not, and don't really care. The bike started up, the oil light went out and it didn't all leak out so, good enough for me.

And since this thread is worthless without pics, here ya go.

DSCF3845.jpg

DSCF3846.jpg

Yep, last time at just such a gathering, I bought a case on the spot because she offered to rub it all over her body!

That produced a 4" spout too (100mm for my American challenged brothers).

:)

That is definitely one cool accessory. I bet the tree huggers hate it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that bike manufacturers put their oil capacities in whole numbers of liters and their oil comes in quarts?
Probably because, no matter whose brand is on the bottle, it's supplied by a company in the U.S. (some 'no-name' refiner/bottler in New Jersey?).

With the exception of the 'majors', that is.....

If you want the 'real stuff' only purchase liter containers/4 liter containers, etc. (jmo) :huh:

Nice! Especially if you are changing oil in a remote area/outta town and don't want to buy another spout that you'd just throw out anyways.

Any chance you could rinse on out and refill it with Gatorade and stuff it into your tank bag for long rides? Maybe skyway can make a rectangular holder to fit between the bars? Just thinking aloud, folks...

C

That right there is the revolution of the century. Why is it that bike manufacturers put their oil capacities in whole numbers of liters and their oil comes in quarts?
It's metric in Japan............... :rolleyes:
I think you guys misunderstood, I wasn't asking a question, I was complaining. It get why it is done, it just seems a bit silly. For the record, my "American" car is metric. Well at least half the bolts and the oil anyways. :p

Yep, last time at just such a gathering, I bought a case on the spot because she offered to rub it all over her body!
That produced a 4" spout too (100mm for my American challenged brothers).

:)

That is definitely one cool accessory. I bet the tree huggers hate it!

Well I'm sorry it only produced a 4" spout for you