having issue with new tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestions.
After four days of calling the service department they were able to talk with the Yamaha DSM about my issue.

They are going to check the balance - remove the tire and rotate 180 and remount.[/b]

They also said they are going to check the steering head bearing as said above.

I would agree that I'm wondering if it's just poor reassembly. And that's what kinda bothers me. Simple trouble-shooting would have you think to re-check everything. I never even had that suggested by the service department to bring the bike in to check everything.

They did say that if what they are going to do does not solve the problem, they will just replace the front tire.

Also, no change in the thread pattern. I confirmed that myself after the first day with the issue. Exact same tire.

Update later...

Sounds like they monted it the wrong way ( it dose happen ) . If that dose not fix it try to get them to fit the BT21.

Take everything ,anyone at a dealer says with a "grain of salt " , till you know they are talking the truth.

Got the bike back. They remounted the tire... still have the issue but it's not as noticable as before but it's still there. :angry: Frustrated at this point.

When I picked up the bike the service manager rode the bike for approx. 9 miles and did not experience any wobble. Calling him today to ask what his route was so I can do the same to compare.

Missed the Streetmasters riding class because of this... :(

Bike is back at the dealership for an "extended" test ride.

Won't matter to me. Need a new tire and my patience is running thin with this dealership.

Tired of hearing "you have some wobble/head shake" from the service department.

NEVER had this problem until my 8,000 mile service when they changed the tires.

On my dime, I had the service department replace the new tire with my old one. Picked it up on Sat. morning. Took a test ride on Sunday (the exact same roads I experience the wobble with the new tire).

Just as I thought, there was NO wobble with the old tire. :angry2:

Now my situation is this:

Dealership could not "duplicate" the problem. :rolleyes: But my own trouble-shooting (and money) leads me to believe there is definitely something wrong with the new tire.

Do I contact Yamaha directly? Or try Bridgestone?

My guess is Yamaha is going to pass-the-buck to Bridgestone...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Well, if the tire was mounted and balanced properly then that would let Yamaha off the hook and point to a bad tire produced by Bridgestone. I would expect the dealer who sold you the tire to work with the tire distributor and Bridgestone to help turn you into a satisfied customer.

I have contacted Bridgestone via email. I'll see where that goes.

My "concern" is the dealership said they could not duplicate my problem and how that may affect any possible defective issue with the tire.