Headlight Modulator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with all the "annoying as hell" people out there as well as being confused with emergency stuff.........you couldn't pay me enough to put a modulator on. I won't fall into the false security trap of the swathed in neon yellow with lights blinking all over, it won't save you when you're daydreaming and not staring into the vacant eyeballs of that soccer mom who pulls out in front of you anyway. I prefer to stay alert slow it up in town and expect EVERYBODY to pull out in front of me........I'm ready with the brakes and checking out every car.........haven't had one pull out in front of me yet, but if they ever do I'm going to be ready to divert or slam on the ABS without depending on some light system. One thing I've also learned is you can't predict who's going into terminal road rage and who won't.........but I'm thinking a bunch of blinking lights or pulling over when I thought it was an emergency vehicle but was just joe blow and his light show might do it sometime. Go slow in town and go fast enough to be out in front of the crowd on the freeway if possible where you can see what's going on, it works for a lot of us.

I don't want to get into the pro's and con's or like's and dislike's of a Headlight modulator. This is about the Kisan PathBlazer. I installed a PathBlazer on my 2014 FJR 1300ES and it worked great for about two weeks, maybe less. It was warranted by Kisan for 1 year so I called the company up and they gave me a RMA to send it back to them to be fixed or replaced. As I took it off my bike I found the Master connector had melted onto the prongs of my headlight bulb. I was able to pull the bulb out and wiggle the Kisan connector back and forth and was able to save my bulb. The slave connector on my other bulb was slightly melted too. I sent the unit back to Kisan via their RMA. I sent a not via email to Kisan stating that I saw others online had the same melting issue and asked the company if they had a fix for the melting issue. I said I did not want too install another unit if it were just going to melt again. The company responded that they do have a fix for the melting yet they did not want me to have to wait for the fix to be incorporated so they were going to give me a full refund which I am waiting to arrive. I do like the plug and play way the Kisan PathBlazer installs and when they get the new fix incorporated into the PathBlazer then I will try it again. Until the melting fix is fully corrected I do not recommend the Kisan PathBlazer to anyone. I was lucky it did not cause some other issue to my bike. At least none that I know of yet. Head this warning and do not try the PathBlazer. The TailBlazer I installed still works great no issues.

Good info. I was specifically worried about taking an uber reliable machine and introducing a part into the electrical system that was questionable. I dealt with too many electrical/headlight demons on my last bike to want to do it again.

I've had the PathBlazer modulator on my bike for about 6 years, and it has worked fine, no melting issues. Plug and Play, easy-peasy. Only slight dig against it is when switching from hi to lo beam after dark, it goes to no beam for about a half-second. It was a little disconcerting at first, but I don't even notice it now.