Headlight modulator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just installed mine this morning. It was a pain in the butt, But at the end it was worth it. Just be sure to read the direction very carefully. Ive seen these on a fjr and i had to get them for mine.

I have the Kisan headlight and taillight modulator and I have to say they make me more visible. People tend to look twice. Install is a snap as long as you don't break the sensor as I did, be careful.

I live in the middle of darkness around here, and high beam comes in very handy on remote roads.
I'll also add that the importance of a HM for me is not only for being seen by other drivers but by animals. Deer respond to two things... noise and FLASHING light. I can recall multiple personal experiences where the HM was a significant factor; they are grazing roadside, hear the sound of the bike, look up to see the flashing light, then move away from it... or they don't hear the bike but pick up the flashing light and move away from it. Add to this scenerio my other must-have (Stebel air horn) and I feel I'm as armed as I can be for whitetail Bambi and for Bambi in her SUV who is grazing on a burger, screaming at kids, yada yada yada....

As an aside, does anyone know which units are capable of modulating on high AND low beams independently? (meaning you can run the HM solely on low beam or select only high beam). Thanks

AGirl

According to the review of the Comagination modulator on webBikeWorld, it can be switched from modulating the high or low beam by simply switching a jumper in the unit. Interestingly, the reviewer recommend modulating to LOW beam and not the HIGH. Ckeck it out to see his reasoning.

Cheers

I just got one of the Comagination modulators and set mine for high beam modulation. It works great and I use mine to

1) Help stop people from pulling out in front of me from side roads.

2) To get people out of the passing lane on the interstate.

3) To help visibility during heavy rain storms.

As long as you use it wisely and are considerate of the driver in front of you, it can be a great tool to increase your chances

of not becoming a hood ornament.

I concur with the folks that call these things annoying. Instead of harley poser A-holes with loud pipes we have middle aged safety freaks with hi beam modulators. Gives the cagers another reason to hate motorcycles.