Heated Grip Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SullyCuse

Reaction score
Hi All.

I purchased a 2008 FJR1300 a few months back. The previous owner installed the heated grips. It is the OEM Grip set, but for some reason, he did not install them correctly. He wired directly to the battery and also jerry-rigged the switch itself. I am fine w/ fixing the wiring errors he made, but for some reason, he did not use the supplied bracket(s) for the switch. He simply put a bunch of Silicone around the base to "glue" the switch in.

Well, I would like to fix this and make sure it is installed correctly, however, I do not have the bracket(s) that came w/ the switch. Does anyone know where I might find these parts or part #s? I will buy them from Yamaha, if I can find the right part #s.

I know the overall kit is ABA-2D237-40-00, but I can't find a break down of the parts included in the kit. Also, would love to see a copy of the installation instructions if anyone has them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed OEM grips on my '06 - note that there are two types of heated grip kits; Yamaha's generic setup, which is wired to the battery and uses a similar=-looking controller to the Gen-II specific one. So it is possible that what you have are not the much more expensive OEM grips for your year.

As it happens, my right grip has 'gone open' (apparently quite common) and the two grips are wired in series, so now I have 'no' heated grips, since the replacement right side grip costs almost $265 from Yamaha.

Note: If anyone out there has a Gen-II machine with heated grips they're parting out, keep me in mind!!

The below images are click-able scans of the installation manual, complete with part numbers. Hope it helps.

I installed OEM grips on my '06 - note that there are two types of heated grip kits; Yamaha's generic setup, which is wired to the battery and uses a similar=-looking controller to the Gen-II specific one. So it is possible that what you have are not the much more expensive OEM grips for your year.

As it happens, my right grip has 'gone open' (apparently quite common) and the two grips are wired in series, so now I have 'no' heated grips, since the replacement right side grip costs almost $265 from Yamaha.

Note: If anyone out there has a Gen-II machine with heated grips they're parting out, keep me in mind!!

The below images are click-able scans of the installation manual, complete with part numbers. Hope it helps.

[/url]
AWESOME! Thank you so much for the info.. The grips look like the OEM set up, so I am hoping the part #s you provide will work so I can install this correctly. I will let you know if I see any bikes getting parted out that have grips. $265 for a grip is RIDICULOUS!

Thank you again! I REALLY do appreciate the photos.

Sully