Heated vests

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my Kanutsu? heated windblocker full liner for a year now. When new, one arm stopped heating but Aerostitch fixed it no charge. Works good and no new problems. I ride year 'round and winter mornings are often into the teens and one week last year brought temps in the 20's. Liner worked great.

I installed a heat troller on the bike with a powerlet by the seat lock on the frame. For my 30 to 45 minute commute I could go without the heat troller and simply go full heat and then shut it off once I'm plenty warm as I near work. For longer trips, the heat troller is nice to allow infinite heat adjustment.

I have the Widder vest and gloves hooked up to a permanently mounted heat troller on my 07. They keep me nice and warm. However, I don't recommend them. The wiring tends to fray and break at the connectors. Widder has been good enough to send me 3 sets of wires over the 5 years I've had the gear, but it is a pain to have to get new ones every year. My wife has the Gerbing and has had no wiring issues.

I do like the way the wires for the gloves attach to the shoulders of the vest on the Widder. Makes it easy to get the wires down the sleeves of your jacket.

A friend has figured out a way to make your own wiring using snaps and connectors. I might try that next year.