Heesss baaacckk

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... I know where West Point is. It is less than one FJR gallon of gas away. lol
OK Cdog, I'm in Ogden and know the way from SLC to West Point. Let's see (I have to think of the trip from here to Salt Lake and play it back in reverse), here goes ...

You take I80 to US 40 into Kamas then over the pass by Mirror Lake and down into Evanston. From there you continue on to Woodruff then take 39 past Monte Christo and down into Huntsville. Over Trapper's Loop (using the old Snowbasin road of course) into Mountain Green then 84 into Ogden and on to West Point.

And you say you can make it on 1 gallon of gas?? I'm not sure I believe it! Or do you take a shortcut over East Canyon through Morgan? Are there any other routes between Ogden and SLC? Can't think of any except for the scenic route by way of Bear Lake.
Why yes, Yes I do.....

From South Jordan....

Over Suncrest, up Alpine loop past sundance, Up Provo , Catch Canyon to Kamas past Jordan Reservoir. Turn Right two blocks and Head up "Wolf Creek" (Hwy 35) Stop for Breakfast in Tabiona at the little diner on the right. Admit to the two lane slab you need it for 45 miles and take 87 to 40 to Vernal.. Go north on 191 and try to ignore Flaming Gorge as you pass by. Hit Mtn View WY and suffer for 30 miles to evanston on 80, Jump north on 89, drop through Woodruff on 39 and Stop for coffee in Hunstville. Stay east of pineview and hit Eden, Liberty, and pop out on 2600 N. >> Plain City, and off to your house.

I get very good economy at altitude, hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognize Wolf Creek but I thought the cafe was in Hannah. Anyway, I always stop for Pie. Not sure I've been over 191 to Mountain View though. I also recognize North Ogden Divide.

Been looking my map over for a route to NAFO. Went to school in Laramie and there are some nice canyons just below the Wyoming border east of Steamboat.

We'll have to get together for a brew after the next round of snow. Have you been up here to Roosters?