Hefty guys need protection too

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrr

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of riding pants that offer protection and versatility but my hefty girth seems to put me in the "sorry you are too fat for these pants" category. I wear 44 Levis or 46 Dockers. To make things worse my inseam is 30" I've checked out several online sites and found several brands I would be willing to buy had they offered pants my size. Does anyone know a brand of m/c pants for under $200.00 that makes these robust sizes. By the way, my 2009 FJR handles my weight just fine.

jrr said:
I'm looking to buy a pair of riding pants that offer protection and versatility but my hefty girth seems to put me in the "sorry you are too fat for these pants" category. I wear 44 Levis or 46 Dockers. To make things worse my inseam is 30" I've checked out several online sites and found several brands I would be willing to buy had they offered pants my size. Does anyone know a brand of m/c pants for under $200.00 that makes these robust sizes. By the way, my 2009 FJR handles my weight just fine.
Try this link for Draggin Jeans:

https://dragginjeans.com/

They are made in the U.S./North Carolina and sure they could custom make some for you if you can't get your size on line.

The Black Ones are nice looking and don't stand out like a sore thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Joe Rocket and FirstGear should have riding pants in your size range - I believe that the Rocket 5XL is good up through size 48 pants and the FirstGear 4XL should be about the same. I wear a larger size than you do and ended up getting mine from JTS riderwear in the UK. They were right at $200 and shipping was about another 40...but they have the bonus of being waterproof.

Welcome to my riding gear Hell. I have not found any armored pants other than draggin jeans. I'm 52x30.

It appears that the riding apparel shops want all of us fat bastards unprotected. <_<

Welcome to my riding gear Hell. I have not found any armored pants other than draggin jeans. I'm 52x30.

It appears that the riding apparel shops want all of us fat bastards unprotected. <_<
I hear you loud and clear Adam, feck all of those skinny damn bastards like SkooterG!

At the height of my career I needed 54X30 and I bought the biggest First gear had to offer and had a friend in an upholstery shop add a panel in the back to make them fit. I'm down to 42X30 so now I don't have to go to the freight company to get weighed.

Tour Master sells some of their stuff in tall and short versions, so a whatever/short might do. they do letter sizes, not actual measurements, so you have to look it up on a damn chart.

There's no way you're a 30 inseam. I'm a 32 and would swear your taller than me.

...There's no way you're a 30 inseam. I'm a 32 and would swear your taller than me.
Believe it or not, height is not an accurate indication of inseam.

My friend is 6'2" and has an inseam somewhere around 29".... but LONG in the Torso.
+1 I am 5'7" but have a 31" inseam... it's all in how your parts are put together. ;)

There's no way you're a 30 inseam. I'm a 32 and would swear your taller than me.
For Petey's sake HotRodZilla, what in the Hell are you doing staring at GalaxyBlue's crotch? Between You and SkooterG, you guys should start a band with Boy George!

Last edited by a moderator:
...There's no way you're a 30 inseam. I'm a 32 and would swear your taller than me.

My friend is 6'2" and has an inseam somewhere around 29".... but LONG in the Torso.
Eggs Zackly. 6'1 with a 30" inseam. I have to buy LONG shirts so the fit.

I know tall people can have a short inseam, I just don't remember you being built like George Jetson.

JETSONS_COLOR_1.jpg

I know tall people can have a short inseam, I just don't remember you being built like George Jetson.

JETSONS_COLOR_1.jpg
Uh Dude, GalaxyBlue and Papa Chuy are built a lot more like Fred Flintstone! jes' sayin'!

Fred-Flintstone.jpg