held gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxrybound

Reaction score
Im needing a new pair of gloves. been looking at the held evo thrux glove and the teknic violator. Does any one have any input on these glove?

I want good protection for my hand since i make my living with my hands but also want a glove that will have comfort.

Any other gloves?

The Held Steve are nice gloves, good protection and not as stiff as the race gloves, I also have the Lee Parks deer skin gloves that I like.

Im needing a new pair of gloves. been looking at the held evo thrux glove and the teknic violator. Does any one have any input on these glove?

I want good protection for my hand since i make my living with my hands but also want a glove that will have comfort.

Any other gloves?
I used to use them all the time and they are an ok glove for protection. They changed them last year and they took away the rist protection. Held is just now comming out with a new Steve glove again that should be better.

If you really want the best protection get the Titan Or the Phantom.

https://www.heldusa.com/sport.html

Check out Helimot. They make great gloves too.

https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=9&cat=1+%2D+Motorcycle+Gloves

I bought a pair of Held Sprints (a little bit racier version of the Steves) a couple of years back. Most comfortable pair of gloves I've ever owned. Looks to be good protection with them as well but I can't speak to any real world testing (thank god). They fit even better after they get wet and distort to your hand when drying.

This past spring I bought a pair of Held Airstreams. Very nice as well, but they are lacking a wrist strap and my confidence of them staying on in a crash isn't very high. That, and the butt seam around the cuff is splitting. Kind of disappointed with the build quality considering the price of them.

I'm casually looking around for gloves as the original Sprints are starting to show thier age after nearly 70,000 miles. They don't owe me a cent.

i agree on the steve gloves they look like they would be real nice but they seem to lack protection. That why i was looking at the thrux. its hard to find any negative info on held gloves.

Held also has a repair service. Last I looked you could send yours in with 25 bucks and they'd fix you up. If it was more for the repair, they'd let you know. I've got a pair with a hole in finger I need to send in - when I get around to it.

i agree on the steve gloves they look like they would be real nice but they seem to lack protection. That why i was looking at the thrux. its hard to find any negative info on held gloves.
I used Held Steve gloves for competitive racing for five years and even crashed in them at about 80 mph. They protected my hands perfectly, took a lot of abrasion and held up great and I could still use them for another season. I found them to be very comfortable as well. Kangaroo palms are very supple yet strong.

Was just checking out a new model of Held glove. They are the Air N Dry. Clicky

Apparently not in stock yet.

A little more than I was wanting to spend but then again they would fill the need for my summer gloves, Florida winter gloves and rain gloves in one.

Dave

Held also has a repair service. Last I looked you could send yours in with 25 bucks and they'd fix you up. If it was more for the repair, they'd let you know. I've got a pair with a hole in finger I need to send in - when I get around to it.
Yeah - those middle fingers tend to wear out quickly.

I have 4 pair . . . no 5 pairs of HELD glove . . . they're the best . . . Steve / Steve 2's / Warm&Drys / RainStorms / and AirStreams . . . I'm a gear whore . . .

Well all this talk of Held's and mine getting near the end of their lifespan.. throw in I've got a couple of 10% off 'coupins' from New Enough .. er Motorcycle Gear.com...

I now have a brand new set of Steve II's ordered. The best part, their on final clear out for $139 (before discount!).

Limited sizing available of remaining inventory though. I ended up going up to the 'longs'. Shouldn't be a problem, my Sprints were just a hair on the two short side.

I got the held thrux gloves.... and I must say doing the couch run up the dragon the are nice!!

I will give them the real world test this week :) thanks for the input if they hold up as well

As they feel on I'm a held man for now on