Heli Bars + Ram Mounts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks, just received my Heli Bars on the group buy and I want to add a Ram ball mount. There are two threaded holes in the triple tree specifically for ball mounts. Anybody added ball mounts to their HBs? I can get them from Heli - but I'm trying to see what other options are available directly through Ram Mounts.

Kind Thanks

Scott

Folks, just received my Heli Bars on the group buy and I want to add a Ram ball mount. There are two threaded holes in the triple tree specifically for ball mounts. Anybody added ball mounts to their HBs? I can get them from Heli - but I'm trying to see what other options are available directly through Ram Mounts.
Kind Thanks

Scott
Hey, I put the heli on also and I love the bike even more. I am curious also with your question. I also searched on the forum for the thread size, I know I saw it on here somewhere but could not find. So does somebody here know the thread size on the heli bar mounting holes. Also, while I am at it, How about the thread size of the hole on the clutch resovoir ( one with the cap on it)?????.

Thanks guys,

Kenny

The one on the clutch resevior is a metric 10mm. Sorry, don't know about the one on the risers.

I use a threaded stem nut with a RAM ball and a short RAM arm. Makes for a centered mounting option with more angle adjustment to keep the glare off of the screen.

Kind Thanks

Scott

IIRC, the ones Heli sells are actually Ram parts. If you decide to order from a Ram vendor, just be sure to use the thread size (Ram has 2) noted in the Heli instructions.

I use a threaded stem nut with a RAM ball and a short RAM arm. Makes for a centered mounting option with more angle adjustment to keep the glare off of the screen.
Do you have an item number or stock number for the threaded stem nut? I looked at the ram website and couldn't find FJR listed.

Thanks

Mark

I think I'll answer my own post...

Talked to Helibars - the bolt size for the two holes in the top of the triple clamp for Ram mounts is 3/8" x 16 pitch.

Ram Mounts have these available - Ram Ball.

Of course Heli has them as well.

Cheers

Scott

I have the same setup and am not really pleased with it. I use a stem mount (no Ram Mount) for my GPS and use a Ram mount for my V1 in the RH hole with 5-1/2inch len Ram arm. In the LH hole I use for a short arm Ram with a flat round plate on top for my XM ant (part of Garmin 2730).

What don't I like - The V1 is not steady enough and after some amount of riding the Ram mount moves (I'm afraid to tighten it more). The V1 is really not high enough and the Ram arm is in the way of the gauges. I am going to move the V1 to a plate mount on top of either the clutch or brake reservoirs.

btw I am not satisfied with the Garmin setup either. The stem mount arm (again its not Ram) is not long enough. I have to look down too far from the line of sight to the road.

If I were to do it over I wouldn't use either and may yet change them both.