Helmet Cam captures collision

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey ZZ,

Im know it can vary from state to state however in NC, if an insurance can prove that your contributed to the accident in any way then your are screwed.

I tried to teach my officers to use some common sense and be realistic about the "what if" scenarios.

I have had to reconstruct many accidents where I could prove that both parties were in fact speeding however there is a difference between someone going 5 mph over the limit versus 15mph + over the limit. I tried to look at the whole picture while at the same time trying to determine whose actions were so egregious that they alone should be held accountable.................although at times it can be difficult to come to such a conclusion.

In the video we examined clearly shows that the moronic cager(s) set the events in motion but with that said, a good lawyer having access to such a video could probably find a sympathetic jury to acknowledge that the MC rider did fail to take into account her speed in conjucntion with surrounding traffic............plus by her own account she was in the process at one point preparing to pass the moron. (I personally would rather have a moron in front of me then behind me).

At anyrate this is a perfect example of how things can go wrong in mere seconds with virtually no time to react..........it is so important to pay attention to ones surrounding and to basically expect that everyone on the road can turn homicidal at any moment.

Check out the video dealing with Deals Cap.........there are several times when cagers have crossed into the other lane (usually in a curve) in which a motorcycle was just a few seconds away..............and yet you have these moron (on bikes) flying through twisties doing wheelies without a care in the world. Real darwin awards for sure.

I use such videos to show by boys how not to drive, unfortunately no matter how well I train them it only take one asshole to take them or my family out.

NC_Yank

Is it just me or did everyone get that sick feeling in their gut as they were watching that......Friggin morons that are out there totally amaze me.

Yeah this surfaced today on the ClubSi (Civic Si) forum also and all the cagers there have the same view of the idiot in the car.

Man, shit happens fast. I hope the rider recovers. That was just shot last Friday!
I visited the forum that this came from.

She has over 200,000 miles on bikes and also a lot of track time. She is the admin of the forum I was on and seems to be doing fine...

Please keep in mind that knowing how to drive is not required for a California drivers license.

Thanks for the links guys. That was absolutely the most f*cked up thing I have ever seen on happen on the road. WTF was that Civic driver trying to do???

Hey ZZ,
Im know it can vary from state to state however in NC, if an insurance can prove that your contributed to the accident in any way then your are screwed.

I tried to teach my officers to use some common sense and be realistic about the "what if" scenarios.

I have had to reconstruct many accidents where I could prove that both parties were in fact speeding however there is a difference between someone going 5 mph over the limit versus 15mph + over the limit. I tried to look at the whole picture while at the same time trying to determine whose actions were so egregious that they alone should be held accountable.................although at times it can be difficult to come to such a conclusion.

In the video we examined clearly shows that the moronic cager(s) set the events in motion but with that said, a good lawyer having access to such a video could probably find a sympathetic jury to acknowledge that the MC rider did fail to take into account her speed in conjucntion with surrounding traffic............plus by her own account she was in the process at one point preparing to pass the moron. (I personally would rather have a moron in front of me then behind me).

At anyrate this is a perfect example of how things can go wrong in mere seconds with virtually no time to react..........it is so important to pay attention to ones surrounding and to basically expect that everyone on the road can turn homicidal at any moment.

Check out the video dealing with Deals Cap.........there are several times when cagers have crossed into the other lane (usually in a curve) in which a motorcycle was just a few seconds away..............and yet you have these moron (on bikes) flying through twisties doing wheelies without a care in the world. Real darwin awards for sure.

I use such videos to show by boys how not to drive, unfortunately no matter how well I train them it only take one asshole to take them or my family out.

NC_Yank
FYI from her personal web site about the accident. The bad thing is that her accident was only a several miles from my house on Hwy 55 in Costa Mesa California

https://www.smoothcurvesracing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=304

Please keep in mind that knowing how to drive is not required for a California drivers license.
Doesnt' seem to be required in ANY state!

What would these moron cagers do if they had to take all the classes and tests that they do in Europe!

Costs at least $2000 just to get a cage liscense....

and in England part of the test is lane splitting...but you only "Have to make forward progress" ,i.e. passing cars slowly while they are stopped in traffic jams...

Mary