• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As noted above, for the Gen II bikes, black brackets are no longer available (except upon special request). Gen II brackets are all now FRAME MATCHING SILVER METALLIC.

I dropped the price slightly as the silver was optional (and cost more previously). The design is exactly the same, they just match the frame as if factory installed...

Thanks,

Scott

303/304 SALE SPECIAL as my post # has changed!

For the month of April 2012 ONLY, I'm offering FREE SHIPPING on all helmet lock brackets ordered. All orders MUST BE POST MARKED BY 4-30-12.

This will be the only free shipping offer for spring/summer 2012...

Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for updated pictures and order form. Also mention in the header: FJR Gen I or FJR Gen II lock bracket.

Thanks, Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a friendly reminder that the FREE SHIPPING OFFER ends 4-30-12. All orders must be post marked by then. As a side note, for the Gen II bikes, the black colored bracket is NO LONGER AVAILABLE, all Gen II brackets are in frame matching metallic silver... Shipping to orders sent to Canada are also reduced.

The Gen I bike brackets have not changed available in black only, as they are tucked in and NOT readily seen..

Please mention the year bike as Gen I brackets are different than the Gen II's..

Thanks, Scott ( [email protected] )

Summer shipping special!!

For this month ONLY,(JULY 2012), I'm offering FREE SHIPPING IN BOTH THE United States and Canada on ALL orders. All order forms must be post marked THIS MONTH.

Please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for further info, pic's and order form...

PLEASE MENTION IN THE HEADER "FJR Helmet Lock bracket and the YEAR BIKE" as the Gen I bikes are different from the Gen II bikes...

Thanks, Scott

Just a friendly reminder, FREE SHIPPING in the US and Canada ends July 31st, 2012. ALL orders MUST be post marked by then.. The next free shipping offer will be likely be in November 2012...

As noted previously, please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] for an order form/questions further pic's etc...

Please mention in the header FJR lock brackets AND the YEAR BIKE as Gen I brackets are different than Gen II brackets.

Thanks and safe riding, Scott

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, from post #61, (same thread) as an FYI for those looking for ONE lock only....:

"I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) They are more expensive but the key will fit in the tumbler, and it is simple to reconfigure to your key code see: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...amp;hl=guardian. It mounts to the bracket perfectly. It is exactly the same as the helmet guardian lock shown in the above thread, only your key will fit in with no guessing. This is a very nice setup."

Got my left side with single powerlett adapter from Scott about a week ago. Today my helmet lock was delivered. Excellent fit and finish. Great Scott thats a nice product.

Joe

I received my brackets Friday and finally had the time to install them today. The brackets look factory. If the locks were painted to match, you'd never know it wasn't! The install is painless. It took longer to pull the seat and side covers than to install the locks and brackets.

Thanks for a great product Scott!

Tim

I received my brackets Friday and finally had the time to install them today. The brackets look factory. If the locks were painted to match, you'd never know it wasn't! The install is painless. It took longer to pull the seat and side covers than to install the locks and brackets.

Thanks for a great product Scott!

Tim

Thanks much Tim and Joe. Its appreciated... Scott

Just to re-iterate:

Also, from post #61, (same thread) as an FYI for those looking for ONE lock only....:

"I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) They are more expensive but the key will fit in the tumbler, and it is simple to reconfigure to your key code see: https://www.fjrforum....mp;hl=guardian. It mounts to the bracket perfectly. It is exactly the same as the helmet guardian lock shown in the above thread, only your key will fit in with no guessing. This is a very nice setup."

Great transaction with Scott!! Went overboard because I am a dumbass and couldn't figure out the correct outlets either! Sent me links, instructions etc. Very responsive!

Brackets look great too!

"I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) "
it's actually Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00-00 locks
They must have updated the part numbers, that original # posted was from a customer, literally years ago (2-2-2008, post #40). Thanks for the update Mike!

Thanks again and ride safe, Scott

"I just installed these brackets using Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00 locks. (from 2006 star 650 classic) "
it's actually Yamaha p/n 26H-21308-00-00 locks
They must have updated the part numbers, that original # posted was from a customer, literally years ago (2-2-2008, post #40). Thanks for the update Mike!

Thanks again and ride safe, Scott
I added this part # to my sales e-mail Mike, thanks again.

BTW, I am currently working with a member in Texas ,checking /modifying the Gen II bracket to fit the Gen III bikes. The foot guards have been moved some with the new bike and appear to be an issue with the left side electrical outlets.. More to follow....

Scott

With the help of fellow member, Bart Nale, (username copb8), we have been able to check issues re the Gen II lock brackets and the new Gen III bikes. There are some minor changes on the right side (new brake line holder/loop), the left side remained the same re the sub frame where my brackets mount.

Bart was kind enough to work with me and his new 2013 FJR and found that the Gen II Helmet Lock Brackets fit the Gen III without issue (thank you Yamaha).

We were also able to get numerous high quality pictures for folks.

**I'd also like to mention that Bart wished to pay full price as he wanted brackets (even with all his help), quote "JUST TO HELP the FJR community"... Once again, thank you Bart....

As usual, please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] and PLEASE mention "2013 FJR" in the header for pictures mounted on the bike...

Optional single or dual BMW style electrical outlets are still available for both sides of the Gen II and Gen III.

Thanks again and safe riding guys and gals!

Scott

Updated info for the 2013 model:

The right side bracket, once installed sits back just a little farther. The inside of the bracket is also threaded as space is very limited.

The left side bracket installs the same as the 06-2012 models.

Thanks, Scott