Helmet Lock on the 08'

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready2Ride

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and couldn't find a post acknowledging the lack of a helmet lock on the 08'. While I know the hard bags can hold a helmet, what to do if you ride with the bags off sometimes? There doesn't appear to be a helmet lock on this bike unless there is an after market solution out there.

I even had the dealer looking all over the bike and they said nobody had previously asked. I wasn't about to kill the deal over this, but I am seriously surprised at the lack of a helmet lock on this slick machine.

What does everyone else do when riding without bags besides carry the helmet in hand?

Cheers,

Jeff

Well first off, I don't believe there has ever been a helmet lock (from the Factory) on any model FJR but there are quite a few posts dealing with aftermarket solutions.

Helmet Guardian is a common farkle used by some. Other don't wear lids so no problem for them :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no factory helmet lock, but there are several options aftermarket.

Try googling helmet lock, liscence plate frame.

Also you can get a thin aluminum strip, drill a hole close to 1 end screw that end to one of the bolts in the subframe between the rider and passenger seat. Benit up to where it would come between the seat but then bend it back down once you get about half way up. Hook your D-rind under this hook and put the seats back on. done.

Click this puppy. This guy makes some slick goodies using a Helmet Guardian lock. clicketh hereth

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the referals... All years are still available. As stated earlier, please e-mail me for further pictures, info etc...(please mention the year bike as there is two different styles for each generation) Thank you and safe riding!!! Scott