Helmet Question;

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painman

Reaction score
I have a KBC VR-1 full face helmet and the right side of the visor mounting area has a whistle at most speeds. Anyone have a remedy for this other than buying a new helmet? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a KBC VR-1 full face helmet and the right side of the visor mounting area has a whistle at most speeds. Anyone have a remedy for this other than buying a new helmet? Thanks, PM. <>< :blink:
Well, I'd play around with electrical tape and see if I could eliminate the whistle by covering certain areas; once I'd found the offending area, I'd try using some clear silicone caulk to seal it.

sometimes you can loosen the screws that hold the visor mounts in place on either side, and there's some play built in to adjust the visor. If the visor is causing the whistle, you may be able to adjust the positin, either closing a gap, or moving the edge of the visor out of the airstream. If a vent opening is the problem, there's probably not much you'll be able to do other than taping over it, or as suggested already change the shape with silicone.

Thanks for the constructive come backs. I didn't think to check with the vents closed. I'll give it a try. PM. <><