Helmet shield protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Reaction score
What do you use to protect your spare shield?

I would like to carry a clear to change when it gets dark, any

ideas would help.

I sox is big enough to get a full face shield in?

I would never thought so.

Thanks

I keep the spare/extra shield in the plastic wrapper in which it came. Works well, but I like that sock idea... If my tube socks can fit over my... Oh, never mind.

I went to Wal-mart's automtoive section and got a pack of soft cleaning cloths. The pack has three tan cloths rolled up. Then I drove by the local sewwing machine shop and asked them to use a serger and sew them togetther into a sleeve.

I have one sleeve for my visor, and another sleve with three slots for my Pinlock inserts.

Cleaning cloths $3.00

Having them sewn togetther $5.00

I am pretty happy.

You people dont deserve the FJR....Socks??? how vile!

Motrax works perfect.

visorbag%20picture_310x218.jpg

Clear shield and sunglasses works well enough that you never need a smoked shield. B)

Sock idea does sound worthwhile tho.

I bought a Fieldsheer face shield cover. Has very nice velcro closure and adjustable strap. I cut off the strap because it always seemed to get in the way.

But the cover itself is first class all the way. Not too expensive and never scratches a shield. Also helps the shield hold it's shape and does not warp or distort it in the extreme heat typically found around here in summer.

Aerostich face shield cover....has it 12-14 years.....near had a problem....

Last edited by a moderator: