Helmet Speakers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWN - you thinking this is the out?
"(d) A person wearing personal hearing protectors in the form of earplugs or molds that are specifically designed to attenuate injurious noise levels. The plugs or molds shall be designed in a manner so as to not inhibit the wearer's ability to hear a siren or horn from an emergency vehicle or a horn from another motor vehicle."

...and what the heck does "The plugs or molds shall be designed in a manner so as to not inhibit the wearer's ability to hear a siren or horn from an emergency vehicle or a horn from another motor vehicle." this really mean? hi-pass filter installed? :rolleyes: Custom made plugs with EQ too?
Er, yeah. I'll take the ticket to court and win with that little jewel. Clicky for further explanation.

If you think about it, motorcycle police officers have audio pumped into their helmets as well. Granted, it's not Metallica like in my helmet sometimes...
I recently talked to a motor cop who was packin' an iPod along, but I'm not sure what his musical tastes were. We just chatted briefly at an accident scene.

It sure would stink to get pulled over for listening to some jams through Autocom during the radar alert, with turning navigation information per GPS going and having to make that voice command blue tooth call to my friend who's the sheriff. Dang, I didn't hear the siren. :blink:

So, there goes my idea for a UE-10 group buy.