Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...had to take it bc we know what happen with pin locks and night driving.
What happens? I try to avoid riding at night whenever possible but I've had to do it several times. No issues for me with the Pinlock.
huh.png

...had to take it bc we know what happen with pin locks and night driving.
What happens? I try to avoid riding at night whenever possible but I've had to do it several times. No issues for me with the Pinlock.
huh.png
Pinlock lenses at night can create things such as light halos, blurs, and other distracting artifacts. I ran with a Pinlock for awhile and rode at night a lot...while those problems did crop up from time to time, depending on the situation, I never found them all that bad. I would imagine they could be very off putting to some folks.

I had some glare with the FogCity Fog Shield. For that reason, I didn't put one on my clear shield, just the smoke one and my hi-rez orange one. Now, both came off, so I've been without for a good while...guess I haven't ridden enough in the rain. I never installed the one that came with my departed and non-lamented Neotec.

I'm early days with a GiVi X.01 Tourer. I really like the fit; good ear relief, and the flip-down shield works well enough. But what I noticed on my Sunday ride was how much more heat hits my face from the sun with a clear main shield vs the smoke shield on my Shoei.

I've never had any distortion, halo, or other visual effect from my pinlocks. My rather new bell revolver evo has grown on me, but there's a lateral seam in the liner right about where a lobotomy scar would be that causes wicked discomfort after 45 minutes. Probably because it's on my lobotomy scar.

I personally have always been a fan of a full face helmet, probably because I started off on sportbikes.

If that is your cup of tea then I would recommend the Icon Airmada Volare Helment. They come in two basic colors (White which is what I have, and black), but they also made a HiViz set which comes in neon yellow, pink, or orange. I think they are reasonably priced for what you get. I have always found the fit to be comfortable, the pads are removable/washable/replaceable, I have two different visors for day/night riding, and they have reflective spots which pop at night for visibility.

Revzilla is currently having a sale on all colors, and I have considered getting a second one because I like them so much that I thought about grabbing the HiViz yellow. Here are the links below if you're interested:

HiViz: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-airmada-volare-hi-viz-helmet

White or Black: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-airmada-volare-helmet